Need suggestions

Options
I feel sick when I eat. Not pregnant. Not sure what it is. Nausea, bloating, etc. Do I not eat because I don't feel like it or force myself to eat. It doesn't matter what I do. Still feel sick.

Replies

• blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    are you getting enough sugar or water in your diet? are you maybe allergic to something you're eating?
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You should see a doctor. How long has this been going on? Are you feeling hungry before eating? This concerns me.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It may be the foods you're eating: start by cutting out all processed foods & just have fresh foods (think fresh not frozen veggies, salads, fruits, potatoes) and simple meats (plain boneless, skinless chicken breast, lean red meat or plain fish/salmon); do not add salt to ANYTHING, nor any spices nor dairy. Depending on how you do after a week, add 1 thing back in every 3-4 days & see how you react. You can then take that info to your Doc & he may be able to evaluate or send you for testing to determine the "bad apple"
    I will let you know that I have Celiac's Disease, which when I eat gluten foods (wheat, rye, oats, barley and anything with their derivatives in them) I get VERY sick:sick: I'm not saying that's what you have, but keep in mind that 1 food, something as simple as soy, coconut, gluten, casein, etc, can be the culprit.
    Good luck! I know it's not nice to feel icky when you eat - I hope you can figure it out soon :flowerforyou:
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Could you be stressing about something?> This happened to me and the doctor thought it was stress. Sure enough it was.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I feel sick when I eat. Not pregnant. Not sure what it is. Nausea, bloating, etc. Do I not eat because I don't feel like it or force myself to eat. It doesn't matter what I do. Still feel sick.

If you happen to live in California; talk to your doctor. He/She will likely give you a weed card. Smoke weed > eat food > be happy.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You should definately go see your family doctor. It could be something as simple as your body growing intolerant of a particular food/foods. For example, my aunt gave up meat for a while, then we she tried to go back to it, she was terrible ill everytime she ate it. It could also be an intestinal disorder, but the doctor would have to diagnose the type. Still, if this has been over a week and you don't have symptoms of a stomach bug, I would go see your family doctor just to be sure.

Shannon
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options

If you happen to live in California; talk to your doctor. He/She will likely give you a weed card. Smoke weed > eat food > be happy.

This is the greatest post to ever happen on this board ever.
  • lindakp83
    Options

Ha. I'm in Illinois. That would be great though.
  • Chelsey8D
    Options
    Haha I love the weed response.

I used to have the same problems with stomach pain when eating. There are 3 main causes that I would consider~
    -Stress. Someone mentioned this above, and I completely agree. Your parasympathetic nervous system stops the digestion of food when you are stressed causing: Stomach pain and bloating.
    -The foods you are eating. Also mentioned, these processed foods could be upsetting your stomach, especially if you have been changing your lifestyle to a healthy one. A cleanse could help in this case to "flush impurities" and whatnot out; just make sure you get your calories and vitamins if you DO do a cleanse. Grade B maple syrup is packed with these and a tablespoon or two can easily put you back up to your calories and vitamins for the day, even if you've only had water or other liquids all day.
    -This last thought is from personal experience- If you've not been eating much (and I mean for a while, not just a week or two) there is a good chance your stomach has shrunk, and ingesting food actually hurts now. I had restricted my calories to under 600 (this was a few years ago- I know it's bad, and I'm being healthy now before anyone says anything :) ) and after a few months it HURT to eat. In this case you should see a doctor, or if not, you slowly have to re-incorporate food into your diet. (Again, Grade B maple syrup is helpful to meet your calories if you're not eating much).
    Good luck! hope I helped
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I too think you should see a doctor, it could be anything: celiac's disease, gastritis, stomach ulcers etc. My sister was in a car wreck and took too many acetaminophen based pain pills a day (prescribed amount, just too hard on her stomach) and ended up with gastritis. She couldnt eat for weeks until her stomach healed. You really may not know unless you go see a doc and find out what's going on. Good luck!
  • Kerryanne85
    Options
    Im telling u girl I bet Uave Mono
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options

This is the greatest post to ever happen on this board ever.

:D Glad I have finally delivered on this forum!