my tummy

Options
how do i get rid of my stubborn belly

Replies

• fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You need your belly, without it you would have a hole.

Now seriously, eat at a slight deficit, strength train and have patience. You need to lower your bodyfat percentage.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    more exercise and less food, no gimmicks
  • pinkarmywife
    pinkarmywife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lol I'm eating less that 1000 cal. working out 1 to 2 times a day
  • pinkarmywife
    Options
    i was at 225 I'm at 165 I'm stuck
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    maybe that's too less calories? What does MFP recommend? If you eat too little, your body goes into "starvation mode" and wil hold on to all it can. I'd say try around 1200 calories and see what happens. Also, what are you eating? Low fat? There could be many more reasons... I'm certainly no expert. Don't give up!
  • pinkarmywife
    Options
    I'm eating salads with no cheese teaspoon dressing twice a day I'm having a herbalife shake and tea oatmeal and i drink coffee all day so I'm not hungry
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    You probably need to eat more, my BMR is already 1800.
    Try this calculator, and try to eat between the BMR and TDEE numbers: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    I'm eating salads with no cheese teaspoon dressing twice a day I'm having a herbalife shake and tea oatmeal and i drink coffee all day so I'm not hungry

Salad offers almost no nutrition (unless you add chicken and stuff to it), herbalife is not sustainable for long term. Oatmeal is great :)
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're not eating enough. It sounds counterintuitive, but you need around 1200 calories just to exist. If you're working out 2x a day and eating 1000 calories, you're not eating enough to fuel your body. Try upping your calories a couple hundred calories and see what happens. For me, I'd need way more protein and more water. Just a few thoughts.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Meh. Tummy tuck then. I'm told they are good for people who have adopted a steady, healthy lifestyle and still can't shake that last bit of flab around the middle.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

That is not a healthy or sustainable diet. Please rethink your goals. Let MFP set you up with a REASONABLE calorie deficit. Eat back your exercise calories. Buy a food scale and weigh everything. Use measuring cups for liquids. Log diligently.
  • pinkarmywife
    Options
    yes i think i will eat more I'm fining myself with no energy and having to take things that will give me energy when i think its as easy as just eating a little more. thank you i will try that
  • pinkarmywife
    Options
    and yes a tummy tuck is my plan i have to loos more fat before i get it done
  • pinkarmywife
    Options
    i just started with mfp and i see its going to help
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ladies tend to have a bit of tummy in the middle because of ovaries and lady parts. You would probably want to reach a very tiny weight to have that ideal flat "stomach".

If I were you I would stop eating so low, or at least vary up your meals. It sounds boring and you will break. Diets aren't supposed to be short term, there supposed to be a long term deal.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It may be worth checking if you have an intolerance to something you're ingesting? That can sometimes cause localised stomach bloating. Although I tend to agree with the others that perhaps you're not eating enough? My stomach is my main problem although I know the majority of that is due to wine! :wink:
  • RoseBlueGreen
    Options
    Crunches help, up cals to 1200 eat protein, your not eating enough- do you drink alot of water?
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

You're not eating enough. If you put your body in starvation mode, you won't lose weight.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Slight caloric deficit and lift heavy weights. These pictures show my stomach progress over <than four months of lifting and eating about 2,200+ per day.

Eat as much as possible to still lose fat. Lift. Enjoy. Maintain.

LiftingProgressSideShot-Copy_zpsea0de97f.jpg