New here and needing support

Options
Hi everyone :-) I joined this site ages ago but not been brave enough or ready to use it properly but tonight I've decided that I've had enough. I've enough of turning to food to comfort me. I've had enough of putting of exercise till another day. I've had enough of being upset at the end of feeling that i've achieved nothing. I've had enough of falling asleep at 8pm, having no energy at all, being out of breath from running up the stairs. I've had enough of my clothes cutting in and avoiding the mirror. And I've had enough of feeling this way when I have people who love me, a job, a home and life I should be focusing on. Self pity doesn't work. I need to blow away the dark cloud that's been hanging over me. I'm sure I'm not alone with how I feel and I know sometimes it's easy to be positive and then the feelings of doubt will trickle back but I'm hoping support from this site will motivate me :-)

I wish everyone the best with their journeys T x

Replies

• teanamac
    Options
    You have taken the first step in accepting you need to change, support and motivation will certainly encourage you to keep on that path. It will be tough, but so worth it...I have added you :)
  • tay0709
    tay0709 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've found this process a lot easier when you have active motivational MFP friends :) anyone can add me as ill support anyone :) good luck! x
  • lvlupfitness
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I use this site to check my macros so I'm not really concerned with calories as long as I'm heating healthy.
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you decide to friend me, you will discover that I am BIG on what people have to say. Words are laced with power!! You said "I decided" and "I've had enough"! Believe it or not, those declarative statements just sealed the deal for you! Your mind and spirit now have something to latch onto and start the process of change for you! What is more impressive is that you made the decision to take corresponding action and you reached out to this MFP community! You just got me ALL HYPED UP!!!! I love to see people make a DECISION to change. That is where it starts. Your DECISION ultimately will determine your ACTION!! Your ACTION will then help build your character!! You might not see it, but you just unleashed a mighty force in your life! Are you ready? The change you seek is coming and it's going to come QUICKLY!
    -Nathan