Returning to fitness...Looking for friends

Options
Hey There!

I've been using MFP for a couple of weeks now after a recommendation from a colleague but I don't have too many friends yet. :(

I have always led an active lifestyle but have not been able to train for the last 3 months due to a back injury. Good news is that I am finally getting back into a fitness regime and I am using MFP to help track food in vs. energy out so I can shed the extra weight I've gained. :) I'm tall and have always been athletic but heavy-set. My eating pattern tends to be very clean during the working week, but I like to be a little less strict at the weekends...and I'm pro cheat-days as and when they are needed! :D

I'd love to find a few friends for a little motivation and support. I feel a bit weird cruising the forums and just randomly adding people, so this is me politely asking for friends! I have a crazy busy job so Im not always able to post 100% of the time but I promise to do my best to make you feel good about your efforts when I can :)

Hoping to make some friends!

Replies

• Rebel867564
    Options
    Me too, a couple weeks. Feel free to add me, anyone who's looking for support.
  • Diegosmother
    Diegosmother Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started fairly recently as well, feel free to add me. I think having the support and accountability really makes a big difference!
  • SnocoPower
    SnocoPower Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI Hindengodders and all to follow!

I also am healing up after medical issues, and ready to get back to fitness! I did a purge of my kitchen last week and got all the unhealthy stuff out, and stocked up on good stuff today. Right out the door, I baked the whole package of chicken breasts (4 huge ones), with just a little olive oil, and then made some gravy from the juices. I eat a lot cleaner after discovering my medical issues were related to wheat products! So this food-journey is and has been fun, but the exercise is definitely lacking, and I need some motivational support too!

Can we all be friends? :D
  • mynameismandy
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago too!
    Motivation is pretty important and friends on here motivate me a lot! Feel free to add me people :D
  • Hindengodders
    Hindengodders Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds everyone! Looking forward to being friends. :D
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for over a year but I just got back from 4 months of travel and have started using MFP again..Add me up!