Slim fast high protein shakes?

Options
I was thinking of using these after a good workout. Every other protein shake is a ton of calories, but these are not! Good idea? No? If not what would you recommend?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of using these after a good workout. Every other protein shake is a ton of calories, but these are not! Good idea? No? If not what would you recommend?
    If you don't need more protein to meet your needs, then you may not need a shake at all. It doesn't hurt either, but maybe you might want to use the calories for something else?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mommy2two_2
    Mommy2two_2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The only time my chart on the home screen has been where it needs to be is when I used a shake. I'm having a hard time finding balance.
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options

The best protein on the planet is undenatured whey protein from happy cows free of antibiotics and steriods. This metabolizes the best and has all the amino acids you need. Look for around 240 calories with 6-8 grams of fiber to keep you full.

A typical rule of thumb is .8 g of protein per 1 kg of lean body mass. It matters what you feed your body so eat to live, don't live to eat. So if your lean body mass is about 60 kg then you should consume about 48 g of protein.
    Friend me and I can send you more info!
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I find them to not only taste gross, but to be TONS of sugar. Special K makes protein shakes with less sugar, and you can also go to any health store (or even TARGET!) and get other brands with less calories, less sugar, and more protein and fiber.
  • kidfromqueens69
    Options
    Premier Protein Shakes at Sams club for about $18 bucks for 20 11 oz cartons.160 calories 1g sugar 3g fat 30g protein 4 carbs.. Taste good and filling