What is Fitbit?

Options
This may be a silly question, but I've always just used MFP on its own. Perhaps not as religiously as I am now using it, but always on its own. I keep seeing people mentioning Fitbit in relation to exercise, and was just wondering what this is, and if its worth using alongside MFP?

I know everyone's different, but worth it to ask.

S

Replies

• Dangerdick
    Options
    A Fitbit is a small, wearable smart-pedometer. Basically, it tracks your movement by way of digital accelerometers, and combining that with the body stats you put in, allows you to track your calories burned above your BMR.

I run a Fitbit Force, and I love it. The app lets you see how many minutes you've been physically active that day, calories in/out (it syncs with MFP) as well as things like how many flights of stairs you've conquered, your sleep paterns and a host of other neat features.

Check them out at Fitbit.com
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitbit.com/

I don't use one myself, but I know a lot of people here find good success with them. There are other brands on the market if you're interested in researching the best one for you.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip...the least expensive model....and absolutely love it. Maybe Ill upgrade to another model eventually, but this one works marvelously well. Try one!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one. It really helps in keeping me moving.