Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred: Results?

Options
Hi guys! I just wanted to ask around, I am about to start the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and wanted
to see what kinds of results anyone who has tried it saw.

I'm not out of shape, but it's been a little bit since I've really worked out. I've been on a good diet of 1,200 cals
for the last two weeks, and am now ready to start adding some exercise to my regime. My ultimate goal
is to lose 10-15 pounds, and I know that diet alone won't do it very fast. I also need a quick workout, at least
for now, and heard that this one was great.

Anybody out there have any tips or results they could share? Any information would be appreciated! I was thinking
of doing it five days a week with two off days throughout. Here's hoping it works and I can keep up!

Replies

• NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There is a thread knocking about with stories and pictures, I think it is in the 'Success Stories' forum board. :)
    I'm in pretty much the same boat as you, I could have wrote that actually lol. I'm on day 4 of the 30DS and it's getting easier. Not noticing any results yet, and don't seem to be dropping any weight (I think that's another story) but it's early days yet I guess. Gonna stick with it.
    Anyway, good luck, and let us know how you're doing!
  • 125KC
    125KC Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian's 3-2-1 method - I've had good results with her, you just have to stick with it. I noticed a weight gain when I first started using her stuff but further research told me that water weight was to blame as you will hold onto water while muscles are repairing themselves, so expect it and go by measurements, I found it took about 4-6 weeks to SEE changes, though the measurements told me in little increments it was happening.

Good luck!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i lose 5 pound last year. i liked it i've also done ripped in 30 and body revolution. this time around i'm doing insanity. i'm giving JM a break for a while
  • ash_37
    ash_37 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am in day 19 of 30ds and ive only lost 5ibs so far. But I've toned up and I can def see ive lost inches. I want to start turbofire next. I've still got 20 ibs to lose.
    good luck with your workout.
  • 125KC
    Options
    I am in day 19 of 30ds and ive only lost 5ibs so far. But I've toned up and I can def see ive lost inches. I want to start turbofire next. I've still got 20 ibs to lose.
    good luck with your workout.

"ONLY 5lbs??? That's an amazing amount of weigh in less than three weeks!! Be proud of that, and remember too that you are building muscle!!!
  • AJ0826
    AJ0826 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses and tips! I'm starting it today, so here's hoping :) I looked up results and reviews on here and saw mostly positive feedback, so looking forward to it. I'll post my own results when all is done. Thanks again!
  • jodie_stooge
    Options
    Hey - i'm also in the same boat!! Just started shred it tonight. I've been doing fitness pal for 5 days and wanted to get some exercise in.

Just out of interest what are you guys putting in for the exercise when doing shred it?

Thanks!!
  • 125KC
    Options
    i always put in circuit training. It's not always accurate though.
  • jodie_stooge
    Options
    yeah that's the closest I can see.. was hoping to find shred it on the database as an option.

How did you find first session AJ? I love the fact it's only 20 minutes just when you're starting to have enough it's over! Don't think I'll do it everyday though, one day on, one day something else.
  • AJ0826
    Options
    yeah that's the closest I can see.. was hoping to find shred it on the database as an option.

How did you find first session AJ? I love the fact it's only 20 minutes just when you're starting to have enough it's over! Don't think I'll do it everyday though, one day on, one day something else.

Man, ha ha I thought a 20-minute workout would be cake. I did okay, I kind of dwindled towards the end and huffed and puffed a little, but hoping if I stick with it the 20 mins will get easier.

I'm doing two days on, then one off . Unless I feel super sore then maybe two days off till I get the hang. What did you think of day one?
  • AJ0826
    Options
    Thanks deedz! It's awesome to know other people are doing this and finding success. I'm only on day 2, so seeing results from others helps keep me on track.
  • tillicollapse91
    Options
    I've been doing it for a week now, and eating right. So far, I have lost 5 lbs without any problem. I'm ready to advance to level 2 no problem! :)
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 level 1 today of 30 day shred I have group everyone is welcome to join even if you completed you can share your results

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50118-jillian-michael-workouts
  • serivida
    serivida Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS over a year ago when I was first starting to workout regulalry and wanted to see if I could be consistent with it. I completed the whole thing on my second attempt (6 days per week with one rest day). I did not adjust my diet but obviously tried to eat healthily. I didn'y lose weight but I lost a couple of centimetres off my waist and thighs. I was really happy with the results. In Jillian's own opinion it is out of date now and she says Ripped in 30 is more effective (in her podcasts). I think Ripped in 30 is a great program too!
  • kateyg
    kateyg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS as well (yes, Jillian, I know you said it's out of date, but then I am out of shape!) and quite enjoying it. I'm on day 8 of L1 and will move up to L2 next week (eek!). Still have to do Anita push ups and lunges due to being weak and having a bad knee but oh well I'll get there. I am going to do this round of 30DS with no expectations of doing Natalie moves but if I manage to, that's great. Then I'll move into some of her other DVDs for a month before repeating the shred doing all Natalie moves. That's the plan anyway!

If anyone is wondering how to log the exercises into MFP, if you download Jillian's app (it's free) and set up a profile there, it has all her DVDs in the exercise database with each level having it's own entry, so the app will calculate the calories burned for you. You can then just create your own exercise in MFP with the information.
  • 125KC
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS as well (yes, Jillian, I know you said it's out of date, but then I am out of shape!) and quite enjoying it. I'm on day 8 of L1 and will move up to L2 next week (eek!). Still have to do Anita push ups and lunges due to being weak and having a bad knee but oh well I'll get there. I am going to do this round of 30DS with no expectations of doing Natalie moves but if I manage to, that's great. Then I'll move into some of her other DVDs for a month before repeating the shred doing all Natalie moves. That's the plan anyway!

If anyone is wondering how to log the exercises into MFP, if you download Jillian's app (it's free) and set up a profile there, it has all her DVDs in the exercise database with each level having it's own entry, so the app will calculate the calories burned for you. You can then just create your own exercise in MFP with the information.

Thanks for this - I wasn't aware of that function!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    A did 30DS a couple years ago. It was the first workout system that I finished. I lost almost 10 lbs in combination with eating less. It definitely prepped me to move on to the Body Revolution 90 day system which rocks!

I think 30DS is a great combo of cardio & strength training that you can squeeze into a busy day and even when traveling.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan. measure. measure. measure.
  • AJ0826
    Options
    Holy cow day 3 of 30DS was hard! Day 2 was cake and made me excited for day 3, but somehow I was worse than day 1! Anyone else have that problem?