I'm new!!

Options
Finding it incredibly difficult to find any will power in me since having baby no 2. I set myself up really positively and promise myself I wont let me or any one else down and I end up doing so and it's really upsetting me. Just read a post I could really relate to where a girl said she used to look at herself and think yeah I'm fat but I'm not THAT fat am i? And that she used to see people and think oh im not that fat and stuff and then realised that she is. I've started to realise I am that big and I am that fatty I used to look at and think ooo she's fat. I actually lately disgust myself. I don't usually let anyone know that. Everyone just thinks i'm not bothered and that i'm really happy and bubbly. Yes i'm about other parts of my life like my partner and 2 beautiful kids. But I hate myself more and more everyday. Sooo really i just need that extra support i think. Somewhere to release. And this seems to be the spot! :) hope I haven't depressed you all haha.
Feel free to add me on your apps and stuff. I'll add back and whatever. Xx

Replies

• sam_m187
    sam_m187 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate to this post - to the extent where I actually nicknamed myself Shallow Hal to my best friend, and explained that in my head, I don't see me as fat at all, then I catch sight of myself in a reflection and think who the F is that lol! Its an easy way to brush off the weight issue, make fun of it and it seems like it doesn't phase u etc.

I'm finding this forum pretty motivational, I've only just discovered it. Hopefully it'll help you the same way.

At least you have lovely babies as a reason - I am just a big girl lol!

Whats your goals?

S
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you feel that way. I totally understand where you're coming from. I did so well a while back losing weight, then my life went into chaos and I've gained almost all of it back. Try to think positive thoughts instead of negative. The fact that you're trying is a big step in the right direction and its definitely a positive! Even if you don't always do so well, making 1 good choice should be a victory. Soon it will be 2 and then 3 and before you know it, most of your choices will be good ones. You don't have to be perfect, just do YOUR best. Just because other people can go to the gym for 5 hours every day or never eat a carb doesn't mean you have to or you're a failure. Do what works best for you and try to stay positive!! You're beautiful!!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Howdy there young lady. First and foremost, if I may suggest, consider keeping your energy centered on yourself. It all starts with you. When things fall into place as I am sure they will, all the other stuff and other people will follow along. I have been down your road (with the exception of birthing babies obviously). I have gone up and down, I have been happy and I have been so depressed that I wondered why the car that hit me in the line of duty that resulted in me losing my left leg didn't kill me.
    I have 150 lbs to lose and in about 3 weeks, so far I have shaved off 12. Understand that I am a big ole, corn fed country boy. Back in the day, I could turn a buffet into waste land. It can be done. I PROMISE. Keep the faith and feel free to friend me if you like. I can tell that your heart is in the right place and that is where it starts. :happy:
  • Magdalena_adams91
    Options
    My goals are eventually to get down to 17 st. I'm 23 stone 1lb at the moment. I'm just trying to be really sensible at the moment and just generally healthier. It seems to be alot easier to talk on sites like this than to family or friends cause you can just say whats what and don't feel like i'm going to get judged andI really don't mind being open about my weight on here which feels pretty good. And thank you guys for the replies means alot :) xx
  • Magdalena_adams91
    Options
    Haha wrenegade you made me laugh!! Yeah to be honest I was insanely depressed before I put weight on and before I had my children. I had an overdose when I was 16 just before I got pregnant. Sometimes I do think I suffer from it but I don't really like discussing it much with my partner cause I'm not sure he fully understands. Hes not closed minded I just think he thinks differently to me. But yeah thanks alotnfor the reply and motivation you sound like a top guy! :)
  • sam_m187
    Options
    Sounds like we're looking to lose a similar amount, I'm sure we can definitely motivate each other :)

I definitely find it a whole lot easier to discuss my weight on here than i do face to face so i can completely relate to everything you're saying!

S
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Most people on here know what it's like to struggle with our weight, so we can empathize/sympathize with where you are coming from, even if our specific journeys are different. When family members don't know what it's like to be overweight, they can't understand where you are coming from the same way. It's one thing to be supported by someone who doesn't really understand, it's another entirely to be supported by someone going through it, or better yet, someone who has gone through it and come out on top. As you will do in the end :)
  • Magdalena_adams91
    Options
    Awww thank you guys. Sounds really cheesy but i'm really greatful for the replies hehe. Hopefully you'll see me in a couple of weeks having lost some weight hehe :) xxx
  • sam_m187
    Options
    I'm sure we will! :) x
  • roblesl65
    roblesl65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel that way, it is a horrible way to feel, especially about yourself. On a more positive note, you are absolutely correct when saying this is a place you can vent and hopefully find others who relate to you and your feelings about weight. I never knew how much weight I had gained until i caught a glimpse (of myself) in the mirror at a department store and didn't recognize myself. I literally thought to myself "wow, how random that person is wearing the exact same outfit as me", then realized no, that is me. I felt horrible for a really long time and still feel that way from time to time, but reading success stories and having others on myfitnesspal to motivate me helped me believe in myself that i could lose weight with the support from others on the site :) hope it helps you too! you can do it!!!!!!