NSV - The small was too big

Options
Pearsquared
Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
I went and tried on some clothes at JCPenney because a person on Reddit recommended that I shouldn't be afraid of size smalls.

Sure, they were adult sizes, and I'm a pretty petite 5'1'', but when I tried on that first size small shirt and it was too big...it felt pretty good.

Also, the skirt that fit was a size 6, and I think I might have been able to go down to a 4 if I was motivated to pick out more sizes.

I had considered myself a pretty firm medium, but it turns out I was firmly a medium in the Junior's section. I hadn't actually moved into adult sizes since becoming an adult (and I'm 26, lol). This might have saved me a lot of ire in the past (by picking out adult sizes instead of suffering from being too big for Junior's) but now I'm back to shopping in Junior's. xD

Here's a before and after in case you wanted to see:

Before:

qZTIa03.jpg

3TC6W2E.jpg

After:

8TEwg9u.jpg?1

Dnsun0j.jpg?1

Replies

• JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's really awesome!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV and you are looking fabulous!:love::drinker:
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Nice job. And that feeling is great :):happy:
  • craycrayhair
    craycrayhair Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you tried petite clothes before? That might be a good middle ground (between adult and junior). I can't wear petite, but whenever I got to Banana Republic or LOFT, I always think some of the petite clothes are cuter and wish I could try them on! Full price at stores like that can be way too much, but they often have really, really good sales.

Oh, and congrats on your loss! Great job!
  • lisad1971
    lisad1971 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Trying on clothes is so much fun after you've lost weight! Enjoy because you've EARNED it!!!
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    you look so much younger! its amazing! :o
  • matfox
    matfox Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thats a very big difference. Good for you!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Have you tried petite clothes before? That might be a good middle ground (between adult and junior). I can't wear petite, but whenever I got to Banana Republic or LOFT, I always think some of the petite clothes are cuter and wish I could try them on! Full price at stores like that can be way too much, but they often have really, really good sales.

Oh, and congrats on your loss! Great job!
    I will have to look at their websites - thank you! I'm from a pretty small town so we don't have either store. I did have a really cute petite dress that I got from JCPenney, but unfortunately, it's way too big now. xD I'll have to see what their petite section looks like nowadays.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Beautifully done!
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    wow fantastic job! You even look so much younger and love that smile! Your happiness really shows. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!