Calculating calories when sick?

Options
This made be a odd or tmi question buuuttttt.... :P How do you calculated puked calories? As in I had breakfast and then I uh didn't have it anymore, do I remove those calories from the log? Does it matter how long it was down for (10 minutes versus an hour, etc.)? Thanks!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I would leave it. You can't really tell what was digested and what wasn't at the point of pukage. Also, it's better to overestimate then to underestimate the calories.
  • melruthtamar
    melruthtamar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    TMI and odd LOL but I love looking up strange things: http://www.xmms.org/qna/If_you_throw_up_food_do_the_calories_stay_in_your_body-qna952204.html

Sugar calories begin absorption in the mouth. Numerous studies have shown that only some calories are lost through purging (this information is on a bulimic help site I stating it in case you don't want to read through it.)
    The longer it's in your digestive tract the longer it's absorbed in your body.

However I do hope you aren't looking into bulimia to help you lose weight. My brother had that problem and it's so brutal I would cry when I looked at him. He looks healthy now but he still isn't totally over the affects it took on him physically and emotionally.
  • Haleyb2b
    Options
    I vote for only counting 50%! lol you need nutrition when you are sick, and puked up food won't help! Try some ensure? Feel better soon!
  • milkaholic
    milkaholic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh no definitely not bulimia! I think it was the dominos last night, I knew it was a mistake as soon as I put it in my mouth! 50% sounds like a good compromise.. hopefully it's out of my system! thanks guys!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I don't count calories at all when I'm sick. If you can keep it down, eat it. It's not the time to worry about how many saltines and Sprite you have consumed.