Calculating calories when sick?

milkaholic
milkaholic Posts: 6 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
This made be a odd or tmi question buuuttttt.... :P How do you calculated puked calories? As in I had breakfast and then I uh didn't have it anymore, do I remove those calories from the log? Does it matter how long it was down for (10 minutes versus an hour, etc.)? Thanks!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I would leave it. You can't really tell what was digested and what wasn't at the point of pukage. Also, it's better to overestimate then to underestimate the calories.
  • melruthtamar
    melruthtamar Posts: 8 Member
    TMI and odd LOL but I love looking up strange things: http://www.xmms.org/qna/If_you_throw_up_food_do_the_calories_stay_in_your_body-qna952204.html

Sugar calories begin absorption in the mouth. Numerous studies have shown that only some calories are lost through purging (this information is on a bulimic help site I stating it in case you don't want to read through it.)
    The longer it's in your digestive tract the longer it's absorbed in your body.

However I do hope you aren't looking into bulimia to help you lose weight. My brother had that problem and it's so brutal I would cry when I looked at him. He looks healthy now but he still isn't totally over the affects it took on him physically and emotionally.
  • I vote for only counting 50%! lol you need nutrition when you are sick, and puked up food won't help! Try some ensure? Feel better soon!
  • milkaholic
    milkaholic Posts: 6 Member
    Oh no definitely not bulimia! I think it was the dominos last night, I knew it was a mistake as soon as I put it in my mouth! 50% sounds like a good compromise.. hopefully it's out of my system! thanks guys!
  • I don't count calories at all when I'm sick. If you can keep it down, eat it. It's not the time to worry about how many saltines and Sprite you have consumed.
This discussion has been closed.