Hi from Melbourne, Australia!

Options
My name is Amy, I'm 22 years old and I am studying Food Science and Nutrition at University, and loving it! My lovely friend Cassandra introduced me to this site, and she is on a journey to become a fitter and healthier person too, and I'm proud of her.

My goal is not to lose weight exactly, as I used to be pretty skinny and am now pretty happy with how much I weigh, however over the past 2 years I have gained 10kg of what I'm guessing is fat, and I'd much prefer that to be muscle! I'd love to be more toned and fit, than skinny with unflattering flabby bits (arms, stomach) and the inability to lift simple boxes or run anywhere without wanting to collapse :D I also would love to eat much healthier!

So, even though I may not be able to relate to a lot of the weight troubles that you guys may have had in your lives, I think we may all share a common goal: to be fitter and healthier :) Plus, as a future dietitian, I really LOVE talking about food, health, and nutrition, so I like to immerse myself in the.. culture I guess you'd say. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is an AWESOME site :) Friend me if you want, I'm in West Virginia (US)... just a few hours from you! LOL :)
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community.

Being already into fitness is a good thing, I've learnt many things here, this is an amazing place.

Feel free to add me up as friend too.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    G'day, and welcome to the site! :) Feel free to add me as well, you can never have enough motivation.

I'm quite jealous of Australians right now, since you're going into your summer (BEAUTIFUL running weather). All we get here around the midwest is snow, snow, and more snow.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi from a fellow Melbournian :smile:

There are lots of people on here who are super fit and who seem to use this site more for maintenance. I think the main aim here is to be healthy and it does not matter what weight you are at, striving to be fit and healthy is always important.

It is a great time here to be starting an exercise programme. I just came back from a walk and the weather is perfect :happy:
  • PrincessPudgy
    Options
    Hi Amy :) Good to see you posting a topic! WELCOME. Hehe.

I'm looking forward to us talking about this more :P
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wooooohooooooo. Aussie Aussie Aussie! Heyyyy. I'm a Melbournian (born and raised) but I live in the U.S now. Ill add ya!
  • Amyliscious
    Amyliscious Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome! I've heard that this is a friendly, supportive site and reading around I'm agreeing :)
    And yes, it is a lovely day for a walk/jog here in Melbourne, I'll probably be heading out soon for one!
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Welcome! I visited Aussie last year (after studying abroad in your lovely neighbor NZ) and LOVED it! Never made it to Melbourne though. Everyone on this site is awesome and supportive no matter what your goals are as far as weight goes, people are mostly looking to be healthy and fit!