Hi everyone! Just had a baby, trying to get back in my cloth

jesso
jesso Posts: 8
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. My name is Jess, I'll be 26 on the 13th, and just had my second son on June 30th.
I've struggled with my weight most of my life. At my highest, after my first c-section at the age of 20, I blossomed up to a size 16. Being a new SAHM I didn't really care at the time. I grazed all day and just kept getting bigger and bigger. I was getting increasingly depressed with relationship and ate to comfort myself. (My ex and I had been together since the age of 15 and divorced when our son was 3. )

After we were over, I made an effort to get in shape and get on the market, for really the first time in my life.I dropped down to a 10 met a new man, who was very into health and fitness. I looked good considering the size, but as the months went by, he let it be known that I could still stand to lose weight. Around 9 months we finally called it quits. After I got over that breakup, I decided to lose weight for myself. regardless of what any man thought of me.

I started watching what I ate, and exercising. I took my son and moved to NYC, which allowed me to remain even more active with all the walking, and living on a 6 floor walkup apartment.

A year later, I met my new husband. I had worked very hard at that time, and dropped down to a size 2. My measurements were 36/26/36, and I weighed approximately 125lbs. (at 5'6)

On the day that I finally got down to the coveted size 0, I found out I was expecting (he was planned)

With this pregnancy I got up to 207 by the time of my 2nd C-section

Unable to exercise yet, I've been careful about my eating. I can't wait to start working out, but I know it'll take some time.

Currently I'm still in maternity clothes. I don't want to (nor can I really afford) to keep buying clothes as I go back down in size, so I'm very determined to get the weight/inches off asap.

My son turned 1 month old yesterday and I'm down to 169. My goal is to get to atleast a 135, and try to regain my hourglass.

As of today, my measurements are 36/36/42. It's gonna be a long road, and I know with the c-section, change of body from the pregnancy it's gonna take some time, but I'm eagerly awaiting the weight to drop.

If anyone has any tips on losing weight after a C-section/safe exercises, or knows if/when my hips will go back down, or if they're stuck this big forever, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Replies

• jesso
    Hello everyone. My name is Jess, I'll be 26 on the 13th, and just had my second son on June 30th.
    I've struggled with my weight most of my life. At my highest, after my first c-section at the age of 20, I blossomed up to a size 16. Being a new SAHM I didn't really care at the time. I grazed all day and just kept getting bigger and bigger. I was getting increasingly depressed with relationship and ate to comfort myself. (My ex and I had been together since the age of 15 and divorced when our son was 3. )

After we were over, I made an effort to get in shape and get on the market, for really the first time in my life.I dropped down to a 10 met a new man, who was very into health and fitness. I looked good considering the size, but as the months went by, he let it be known that I could still stand to lose weight. Around 9 months we finally called it quits. After I got over that breakup, I decided to lose weight for myself. regardless of what any man thought of me.

I started watching what I ate, and exercising. I took my son and moved to NYC, which allowed me to remain even more active with all the walking, and living on a 6 floor walkup apartment.

A year later, I met my new husband. I had worked very hard at that time, and dropped down to a size 2. My measurements were 36/26/36, and I weighed approximately 125lbs. (at 5'6)

On the day that I finally got down to the coveted size 0, I found out I was expecting (he was planned)

With this pregnancy I got up to 207 by the time of my 2nd C-section

Unable to exercise yet, I've been careful about my eating. I can't wait to start working out, but I know it'll take some time.

Currently I'm still in maternity clothes. I don't want to (nor can I really afford) to keep buying clothes as I go back down in size, so I'm very determined to get the weight/inches off asap.

My son turned 1 month old yesterday and I'm down to 169. My goal is to get to atleast a 135, and try to regain my hourglass.

As of today, my measurements are 36/36/42. It's gonna be a long road, and I know with the c-section, change of body from the pregnancy it's gonna take some time, but I'm eagerly awaiting the weight to drop.

If anyone has any tips on losing weight after a C-section/safe exercises, or knows if/when my hips will go back down, or if they're stuck this big forever, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    I'm sorry I don't know what would be c-section safe....but welcome to MFP! I'm sure you will be able to find what you need here :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    6 weeks is what is recommended by my OB/GYN for strenuous exercise following a C-section. Up until the 6 week post partum mark, you can walk at a fast pace for cardio.

You can do this!!! This site is AMAZING!!!!

I also hit just over 200lbs when pregnant, have lost over 60 lbs, and only have a few left to go. It will happen, as you've proven by being successful before! Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!
    :flowerforyou:

Btw.... the hips open (spread) for child birth, and return sometime between 6 and 12 weeks post partum. Mine literally went back overnight (well, over the course of a week or so) as my hips went down 3" in one week. They will never be as small again (scientists can tell how many children a deceased woman had by the markings on her hips bones - there is no escaping it!), and your abs will always have a slightly larger seperation down the centre (flex and you will feel this space). Apparently you can have this surgically fixed if you are really a perfectionist, but you will be in shape again!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    i have just given birth to my sixths child... and the first and only c section... it is definitly a different healing process... but... now im up fully excersising.. i AM NOT doing a marathon.. heck no.. but i do step.. i walk.. i tae bo... ( i have other issues also.. with my hips.. so i cant really blame the c section now).. but i still get up and move.. my new HRM..IS COMING TODAY.. AND CANT WAIT TO USE IT!

i AM SO .. HAPPY that you didN' take any of what those men said to you to heart....I HAVE BEEN THERE MYSELF..... but i have a wonderful supportive husband NOW..

I WAS ALSO.. diaganosed with severe.. gestational diabetes.. and i am now borderline diabetic.. soo when i had him.. my dr.. said we are tieing you tubes.. i totally agreed to that.. it was time.. to raise my children .. including 2 step children.. so eight children.... and focus on my health .. so they can enjoy me.. i just hit my first small goal last week.. of 21 pounds... and i have 53 to get to my comfort goal.i might lose more.. but il be happy with that..

i also like to see that.. you are being realistic.. in that you say one 135.. now... even though you might get smaller.. you are KEEPIN IT REAL.. you understand that you just had you second child... and that your body isnt the same after the first....

but... just take it easy.. start our walking.. so you dont jump.. and jolt anything.. you will do well at walking.. the longer you go.. the more you sweat... ask your dr.. what they recommend.. they will probably tell you.... that you will know when its too much for you...

Congrats on the new BABY... and the best .of luck... AND GOD BLESS YOU.... .. IF YOU WANT ADD ME TO YOU FRIENDS .. ID LOVE TO KEEP IN TOUCH..!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    First of all WELCOME to the family....i had a c-section and all I can tell you is please make sure your cleared with the doctor before you start working out and even then it's hard because everyone heals differently. So start out with walking and please just listen to what your body is telling you..

Hope to get to know you soon
  • jesso
    Btw.... the hips open (spread) for child birth, and return sometime between 6 and 12 weeks post partum. Mine literally went back overnight (well, over the course of a week or so) as my hips went down 3" in one week. They will never be as small again (scientists can tell how many children a deceased woman had by the markings on her hips bones - there is no escaping it!), and your abs will always have a slightly larger seperation down the centre (flex and you will feel this space). Apparently you can have this surgically fixed if you are really a perfectionist, but you will be in shape again!

I know they'll never be as small again, but within an inch or two would be nice. :)

Come on 6 to 12 weeks! :tongue:

I just couldn't remember, as the last baby was almost 6 years ago, and as I said, I was so much bigger than, that I didn't really notice or care.

And to rest of you, thank you for the warm welcome :)
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member

I know they'll never be as small again, but within an inch or two would be nice. :)

Come on 6 to 12 weeks! :tongue:

I just couldn't remember, as the last baby was almost 6 years ago, and as I said, I was so much bigger than, that I didn't really notice or care.

And to rest of you, thank you for the warm welcome :)

You will be in great shape before you know it!!! When I was about to give birth, I looked at my belly and thought how would that ever snap back again... and eventually it does. I even had a sort of cellulite jiggle to the skin for a long time after giving birth, and it slowly got itself sorted out! Don't get down - just focus on your goals, and visualize your slim self emerging (and GO EASY on yourself girl - you JUST GAVE BIRTH a month ago!). I think you are amazing for even thinking about diet and exercise! I was laying in bed, nursing my baby in my jammies all day, and recovering!!! Kudos to you!!!
    :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.