Sharing my personal story

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to be here, and hope to make friends with some of you and share information about nutrtition, food, all the things that help us be more self-reliant about obtaining good health and optimal weight.

My personal experience in dealing with my type 2 diabetes, and managing my blood sugar and weight has shown me a safe, healthy nutritional approach that I have adopted into my healthy lifestyle.

I'd enjoy hearing about your challenges, as I will continue to discuss challenges/success I face in my journey through life.

I look forward to communicating with you.

Pete aka
Uwillfeelbetter

Replies

• fitrichmom
    Options
    Hi My name is Felicia Starks and I’ve been where some of you may be now!

As in topping the scales at 170 pounds....at 5 foot 4 inches

I was born and raised in the South and was introduced to good ol’ Southern cooking at an early age. Like many people today I picked up some bad habits with diet, nutrition and exercise. (Or lack thereof.)

I was a slave to food for years. I would eat every 2 hours (since the “experts” always told us to do that.) But it didn’t stop there. I counted calories. I journaled everything I ate from meals to snacks. Had mesoderm injections at for 3 months (crazy, right?) And even though I had some success losing weight, (which I wanted to do before starting a family) I still didn’t have the lean body I truly desired.

A move to the West Coast is where EVERYTHING changed. There I absolutely embraced my new one sentence personal mission statement: “I eat to live instead of living to eat.” And don’t think I’m sacrificing when it comes to my lifestyle. I enjoy healthy & hearty meals as well as desserts and more.

When I added my love for fitness, something magical happened. I have NEVER had so much energy! My new look gave me supreme confidence. I became so passionate about great health and wellness that I got certified as a personal fitness trainer

I share my story to partner and inspire women to live a fit, healthy lifestyle, have fun and be fabulous & fearless in fitness. I truly believe there are no limits to what we can accomplish in life; while keeping ourselves as a priority on our to-do list.

I'll be fabulous and forty in 5 months and one of my "bucket list" things to do is to compete in a figure competition and I plan to dominate the stage! The training is so different and takes a different kind of mental toughness but I'm ready for the challenge!

I look forward to connecting with you and sharing our successes.

Felicia Starks