Need Support!

Options
Hi everyone..I am new but not new if that makes sense. I joined a couple of years ago and was doing good but then like so many, I fell off the food wagon and gained it all back and more!! This year I joined back and started up again in January but then something terrible happened in my life that changed it all!

I found a lump in my groin area and went through not knowing what it was...being scared to death, etc. I had surgery to remove the swollen lymph node and found out it was Cancer!! My world felt over!! It was Hodgkins disease and it was in a few of my nodes so that meant six months of chemo! I have four small children and a wonderful husband and all I could think about is leaving them behind...how would they make it without me??

I started chemo in March of this year. I had to go every other week and it was hell! I would almost start feeling better only to have to go back!! My weight ballooned even further with all the steriods and four kinds of chemo drugs..not to mention pain pills and nausea meds and all. I topped the scale at 405!!

Losing my hair was so hard! I had always prided myself on my hair..it was what you could call my only good feature!! When I lost it, I felt like a nothing...like I was sexless if that makes sense....it was rough!!!

Well, I made it through and finished my last chem on September 1st. I had to wait a whole month for a PET scan to see if the cancer was gone. Praise God, it was completely gone!!! I made it through...it was so hard but I did it!!!

Well, I lost ten pounds once chemo ended..didn't even have to try for those, I guess it was the steriods and all wearing off.

Then I joined back here again and have lost 29 pounds so 39 all together! I am determined to make it this time!!! I can' t beat Cancer and then let my weight kill me!!!

I could use a lot of support because as we all know, losing weight isn't an easy road...especially when you have so much to loose like me!! BUT, I fought Cancer and won so why not fight the FAT now??!!

I love to support others too, so if you need a friend add me!!!

Thanks for reading this long story! I just wanted to share...maybe one day I will get brave and post a pic of me.

Replies

• Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on kicking cancers @ss!!!!!!!! And welcome to MFP. We can do it together.
  • tessa681
    tessa681 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good job kicking cancers a@@!! WE'll be on this journey together! You can do it!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!If you can beat cancer you can beat the wt war.Welcome aboard.There`s some amazing friends on MFP.
    You can add me as s friend if you want.Can`t have too much support or friends.
    Have a good week-end!
    jane
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are! If you can beat cancer, you can do anything!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    My goodness you are already such an amazing person! The weight loss you are going to have (I'm sure of) will just be icing on the cake. Welcome back to MFP! I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms! :flowerforyou:
  • cher1020
    Options
    Welcome back and you are all about success!!!!!! This will be a piece of cake for you.
  • littlet22
    Options
    i'm so glad that you've beat the cancer and with that under your belt you'll be able to get yourself to a healthy weight and i am here to offer any support i can.
    i had a life changing experience 5 years ago and gained a lot of my weight back that i had lost... emotions, pain pills, all that good stuff so i can relate in some ways. i'm not completely out of the woods but i'm in a much better place and am committed to getting the weight off because i know it will alleviate some of the pain besides all the other good stuff that goes with it.
    thank you for coming back and for sharing. i look forward to traveling this path with you :)
  • ricksgurl
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're already on your way to losing the weight cuz you've got the proper "mindset" and beating Cancer is awesome!! I hope that when you look in the mirror now-you see a FIGHTER!! Not a sexless person! I know what you mean about that though-I used to be thin, before medications....but I noticed as I gained more and more weight people seemed to look right thru me-like I wasn't even there! It really messes with your self-esteem!! I have a wonderful supportive husband and kids though...and you probably do too! Don't be afraid to lean on them also-I know you'll meet alot of wonderfully supportive people on here-and if you need another one feel free to add me to your list! Hope to hear from you soon-GOOD LUCK!! ~ricksgurl
  • jennys33
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and support!!! It means so much to me!!