beer guzzler

Options
any tips on ditching the suds?? i cant seem to bring my lovin irish *kitten* to part with it..

Replies

• RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    your a keeper :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It was the black stuff that gave me a kick start on the road to ruin.... Guinness at $12 a pint is a great incentive not to drink it....but now drink one or two light beers if I have a beer or glass of wine...needs to be done as it just dead calories.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    As a Canadian talking to an American I so want to say you aren't drinking beer anyways!! Lol

But as long as you don't have an alcohol problem you can continue to drink beer, as long as it fits in your calories. And drink in moderation.

It also comes down to choice.

Are you going to go to the bar and order beer, or are you going to go to the bar and order water or tea. I have done both.
    If you cant say no to the beer then you have to make the choice in not going to the bar
  • Megislosingit
    Options
    tips on ditching it? Don't
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I make it fit. It's definitely easier now that I am on maintenance and work out about 5 times a week (TDEE ~2750 cals/day), but even when I was losing weight and eating 1700 - 1800 calories (about 700 calorie deficit), I'd work in a beer (or wine or mixed drink), generally by exercise.

Of course, I brew my own beer, so I either drink that or good craft beer, so it's worth it. I wouldn't work out for a Miller Lite.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Beer is hard because there are just si many calories in it. Especially if you like the stouts and porters like I do. I tend to stick with winemost days. My suggestion? Clean your diet up enough that you meet nutrition and still have room fir the brewskies.
  • Crescent_Meadows
    Crescent_Meadows Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I cut out my daily beer, but I still drink it once or twice a week. I treat it like it's dessert - something to be enjoyed once in a while, just not everyday. I love my oatmeal stouts and porters!
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Beer is just too good after a long hard ride on the trails, I consider myself as a drinker with a biking problem, not giving up either since they compliment each other so well.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    eat less+ exercise more = more beer! :drinker:
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    eat less+ exercise more = more beer! :drinker:

This right here.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just make it fit your goals.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    keep the beer. Just figure it into your calorie budget.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    keep the beer. Just figure it into your calorie budget.

And remember, there are two ways to balance the budget. You can eat/drink less, or you can exercise more. Beer is actually a pretty good recovery drink.
  • SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh, ya just gotta run more.
  • HADAWAY8178
    HADAWAY8178 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in college and all the girls that I live with (five of us go out) every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Night... It's ridiculous! So I decided that I'm only going to drink two nights a week, so I volunteer to DD once A week. Also I started playing pool while I was out, it's easier to not guzzle your beer if you have a pool cue in your hand. Recently I haven't been drinking as much on the days I do drink for two reasons... 1. it doesn't take as much to get a buzz, 2. I have more fun playing pool when I don't drink as much.