35 Years Old, 150+ to Lose - Looking for Friends

Options
Hi, all! I'm Heather, and like the subject line says, I'm 35 years old (almost 36) and have at least 150 pounds to lose (closer to 170 if possible). I'll spare you my lengthy back story, but if anyone is interested, you can check the About Me section of my profile for a brief synopsis. I currently live with my fiance and his family in a very rural area and I have fairly intense social anxiety, so I haven't been able to make any local friends yet. Everyone in our household has very poor eating habits, as well, so I have basically NO support or encouragement at the moment. Hence this post! I would love to find some friends here at MFP with whom I can share my journey. People with a similar amount to lose would be especially nice, but any positive, supportive, motivational people are welcome to add me!

Replies

• jck125
    jck125 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose a similar amount :)
    I've lost around 30lbs so far (i keep bouncing between 32 and 27) and now I'm adding in exercise.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    This is doable. Not easy, but doable. You just have to choose differently. A lot. If you're looking for an MFP friend that logs obsessively and comments offensively, feel free to send a FR.
  • mmia73
    mmia73 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi count me in.we are all on the same journey. From me fairly new on here too. :-)
  • ZenSakura
    ZenSakura Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, added those who have posted so far! =)
  • purplenewyear
    Options
    Hi there feel free to add me - I've got about 32 to lose, down 8 so far. Looking for supportive friends, and people that I can help alon the way too!
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Hi Heather,
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you would like.
    My ultimate goal is to loose 70 pounds, my first one (baby steps) is to loose 20 pounds. We can do this together. :)
  • lqueentero1
    lqueentero1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I have similar amount to lose its been a challenge so far but certainly trying my best.. :smile:
    looking for forward to embarking on this journey ! please send a fr
  • CaraHeather
    CaraHeather Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you can send me a MFP friend request. I am also looking for new friends :)
  • DirectorLawrence
    DirectorLawrence Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me. I'm looking for new friends.