fitbit flex & polar heartrate moniter

Options
I finally broke down & got a fitbit flex. I also have an old polar heart rate monitor, which I use every time I workout. My question is - do you take your fitbit off when you put on the HR monitor to exercise? Right now I am doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. If I leave the fitbit on when I workout, will it skew the the results on the fitbit? Thanks.

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wear both my fitbit and my Polar HRM during my workouts. Then, for example, when I tell MFP that I completed a cardio activity and spent 44 min, starting at 8:42 pm and burnt X amount of calories, fitbit lets that override whatever it recorded during that time frame.

That was what I understood after reading the MFP. See this page for reference: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit/connected
    I'd love to know how other members are dealing with this. :)
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    how would it skew the results? no, it won't. but if you have your fitbit synced with MFP and you still want to enter the HRM calories burned, just make sure to put in the exact time range of your workout (say, 10:15 - 11:30 am). Then MFP/Fitbit will make sure your activity wasn't double-tracked during that time period, & adjust your "fitbit calorie adjustment" accordingly.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Still don't understand how to use the FitBit and Polar HR while working out. I wear both when working out on my Treadmill and weight training. Like yesterday I recorded 12K steps on my FitBit for 161 calories burn and on my Polar HR recorded 377 for 84 minutes of workout., so it gave me a total of 538 calories of exercise. Should I just take off my FitBit when working out and just use it the rest of the day????