looking for a "weight loss buddy"

Options
Hey! I'm hoping to find another woman, hopefully with 100lbs or so to lose who also wants someone to chat with on a regular basis. I love my boyfriend to death, and am glad that he is starting his own weight loss journey with me, but I would love the opinions and motivation of another woman.

I'm hoping to find someone who is open, understanding, and contructively critical. I need someone to honestly tell me when I'm screwing up, and have the heart to understand when I need a break..

This sounds so much like a cheesy personal ad.. "I love long walks on the beach..." Lol.

Well, I guess I'll leave it at that.. except that I'd love to exchange emails, or facebook.. or something outside of MFP.. I want to get to know this person, have an online friend to relate to and all that.

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i just added you as a friend, i would love to be your weightloss buddy, i'll send you my email/msn im
    and you can add me on face book my name is tracy marie shaw
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    i have 100 plus to lose. you can add me iffin ya like :-)
  • zoey116
    Options
    I am starting to need motivation too... I've already lost 40 lbs and need to lose another 40-60lbs more but I have totally lost steam :( Though I've been thinking about going "on maintenance" through the holiday's and then start again...not entirely sure thats what I'm going to do or not...just kinda losing motivation :( if your still wanting people private message me and i'll give you my FB info or whatever. :)
  • Flawlessk
    Options
    I am just starting out and i am aiming to lose 77lb at the moment, but i might rethink this later.

I'm quite curvy and i'm 5ft 6in so i'm not sure if a lower weight would suit me. We'll see. Just getting that off would be amazing.

17/11/10 Start weight 224lb

Goal weight 147lb

My name is Kayleigh xx
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Heyy =D I dont have over 100 to lose but I still have a great bit to lose though! Im starting small right now though, I would really love a weigh loss buddy too. I really feel like Im alone in this because my husband almost has no body fat! And all my girl friends want to lose weight but arnt serious about it. I would love to help be a weight loss buddy =D Oh and thats for anyone on here!
    Add me if you would like!
    God bless!
  • Janice_Bell
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I also don't have 100 pounds to lose (more like 40), however after reading all of your posts you girls sound exactly like what I need. I am currently working a very stressful job and exercise has been the last thing on my mind. Over the last year, without really trying I have lost about 15 pounds, however I don't feel much of a change and I am ready to get serious. I have decided to commit to MFP and I figure that if I start communicating with others it will give me someone to be accountable to and the extra motivation I need.
    The last time I weighed myself I was 199! Whoo under the 200 barrier!! But had a bad week after that and have been afraid to get on the scale every since- hopefully there isn't much change.
    SO....
    I'm 25 years old, am 5'11 and weigh 200 lbs, I would be happy if I were 175 and then reaccess from there however I'm sure I wouldn't mind if I lost more.

Good luck to all of you!