Postnatal Group - November 2010

Options

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'd love a weekly check in. How about we stick to Wednesdays? I know during my pregnancy that helped out a lot to keep tabs on my weight gain.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays work for me :-) I weighed myself today and was at the same weight. *sigh, we'll see what next Wed brings.

Shopping queen - for some reason I thought you had already met your goal weight?
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Nope - these pesky 6 lbs are giving me trouble. Id like to lose an additional 9 after the 6, but we'll see.
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am still technically post natal hehe, my last son just turned 9 months and I have been feuding with my weight for awhile now. I have been on and off mfp here and there but am on the "i want to do it" train again, so hoping I can join this group. I have a short term goal of 44lbs to lose and a long term goal of 100. It can be difficult to get an hour to myself before I am too exhausted with the wee ones running around, but I have to MAKE TIME after they are in bed. Happy Losing!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Boopa - Welcome to the group! How many kids total do you have? How old are they? Just curious :-D

Shoppingqueen - erg! haha
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    diet SUCKED yesterday! I went over my calories by almost 1000! AND that was with beign so busy I didn't get any snacks or lunch! *sigh Even worse ... we have left overs *gasp!
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I officially lost every ounce of the baby weight Saturday-11/13/10. Now I have the 30 pounds that I needed to lose pre-baby to concentrate on. I know that it took a while to put on but wow I just want to be able to be happy with my body. Deep down I wonder if I ever will be since it looks like my stomach was attacked by a tiger due to the lovely stretch marks.
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! My daughter is 6.5 months! I weighed 150 lbs when I got pregnant. (I was about 20 lbs overweight) I topped the scales at 187 lbs the day I gave birth. I lost 16 lbs the first 2 weeks and then it stopped. I currently weigh about 157 lbs. I have set my goal to weigh 130 lbs. Good luck to everyone on their journeys!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I officially lost every ounce of the baby weight Saturday-11/13/10. Now I have the 30 pounds that I needed to lose pre-baby to concentrate on. I know that it took a while to put on but wow I just want to be able to be happy with my body. Deep down I wonder if I ever will be since it looks like my stomach was attacked by a tiger due to the lovely stretch marks.

Ugh, girl I know! I've always had big thighs, big arms and an especially large bottom, but my stomach has always been my best feature! Small, smooth, lovely. Now I have massive love handles, a lovely large roll for a stomach and tons of stretch marks all over the front of my stomach and thick stretch marks on my side. Even if I get my small stomach back, I'll still be self consious in a two piece bathing suit. :-( I wonder if I'll ever be comfortable with my body again. Before when I had lost weight my stomach was what made me feel good about myself.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hi everybody! My daughter is 6.5 months! I weighed 150 lbs when I got pregnant. (I was about 20 lbs overweight) I topped the scales at 187 lbs the day I gave birth. I lost 16 lbs the first 2 weeks and then it stopped. I currently weigh about 157 lbs. I have set my goal to weigh 130 lbs. Good luck to everyone on their journeys!

Welcome! Our of curiousity how tall are you?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Ah! I forgot to weigh in today! I'll have to weigh in tomorow instead and will update my measurements too. What is everyone's short term goals? I want to lose 5lbs by the time I go back to work 12-13-10.
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, my name is Jenny and my third baby just turned 4 months old today! I have a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old and I am still packing around the weight from my oldest! Ugg! Its hard to admit but I was 170 when I got pregnant 6 yrs ago and I am 238 now. I have been looking for a thread to join and this seems to be the perfect fit! I'm excited for the journey and good luck to all you lovely mommas!
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Boopa - Welcome to the group! How many kids total do you have? How old are they? Just curious :-D

Shoppingqueen - erg! haha

I have 5 boys, 12,9, 3(1/2), 2(nov 26) and 9 months.
    Back to back pg's and nursing hasn't helped bring the scales down lol.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Welcome Jenny!

So I weighed in today and lost 3.8lbs! woo hoo! Total of 4.9lbs lost. It feels good to see some progress!

Short term goal: Exercise everyday this week.
    Longer term goal: Weigh 160lbs by 12-13-10 which is when I go back to work.
    Long Term goal: 140lbs by July 2011
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all!! I hope everyone is having a good Friday! I weighed in today and was up to 243!!! I don't know how I gained 5 lbs in a week!!! I must be retaining water because I have been a little lax about the sodium lately. I almost threw up and fell off the scale! But I held it together and it is what it is and this week is a bright new step on the journey. This week just has to be better than the last one, so I am thinking positively and absolutely WILL NOT let it discourage me!!! Have a great weekend all!!!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I hope it's okay if I post here to bookmark this for later, I'll be able to join in about 3.5 weeks, so the December thread. :smile:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Good afternoon all!! I hope everyone is having a good Friday! I weighed in today and was up to 243!!! I don't know how I gained 5 lbs in a week!!! I must be retaining water because I have been a little lax about the sodium lately. I almost threw up and fell off the scale! But I held it together and it is what it is and this week is a bright new step on the journey. This week just has to be better than the last one, so I am thinking positively and absolutely WILL NOT let it discourage me!!! Have a great weekend all!!!!

It would be seriously hard to eat 5lbs of food in a week. I'm sure you're right about water retention. I'm glad you're not feeling discouraged! You're doing great and even with rollercoaster weigh in's like this week, the longrun will have a glorious ending :-)
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Angela thanks for inviting me to join. This group serves more my needs. My daughter is 7 weeks old and I've lost 30 lbs. I currently weigh 146 lbs ( I need to check in) and it's just strictly breatfeeding. I'm not exercising yet and eat at regular meal times. I went back to work last week, I teach first grade, so I'm pretty busy :)
    I'm going to try to get back to logging in my meals and exercising regularly, I have no excuse
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    good to hear from you Yessie!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Went to a water aerobics class yesterday with my mom. Although I was definately the youngest person there, the workout was awesome and I feel nice and sore today. :-) I really want to weight myself to see how I've done so far this week, but I don't want to be discouraged so I MUST hold off for our weigh-in on Wednesday. How's everyone doing? Anyone struggling with the holidays yet?