Brand New

Alright so I am brand new here and had a few questions. About 7 months ago I decided I wanted to lose weight. I'm 6'0 and was weighing 206 lbs. I went on a low card diet (not terribly low at under 50g a day) and I have dropped down to around 167-170 lbs.
As of right now i'm debating if I should start to weight lift or continue towards my goal of 160lbs and then begin to weight lift. I personally can't tell that I have lost weight. I still feel/look flabby around my midsection.
I also had a question about eating out. On days I do not have time to cook a meal I will go to Mcdonals and order a mcdouble with no bun. Curious on the nutrition/carbs things like that in that item. Thank you.

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    You should have been lifting all along to preserve lean body mass, but start now, eat at maintenance and slowly up your calories.

Hit your protein and fats macros, get sufficient fiber and micronutrients, and otherwise eat what you want.
  • Ya I really regret not doing it sooner. I was just scared of gaining weight. Was mainly doing cardio but now try to keep it to 3 times a week rather than everyday.
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    eek! McDonald's anything is probably Not a good idea. Have you considered cooking all your food at once for the week? You're already in the kitchen with the seasonings, right?

There are a few groups on here, check to make sure they are active, but they specifically focus on what you're talking about. Perhaps look into clean eating for a while and see how the flab thing goes. Oh, and weights are always a great idea, it's how you burn more fat; more muscle.
  • eek! McDonald's anything is probably Not a good idea. Have you considered cooking all your food at once for the week? You're already in the kitchen with the seasonings, right?

There are a few groups on here, check to make sure they are active, but they specifically focus on what you're talking about. Perhaps look into clean eating for a while and see how the flab thing goes. Oh, and weights are always a great idea, it's how you burn more fat; more muscle.

Ya not a good idea at all but has really been a last resort thing to put some kind of food in me. Just stuck away from the bread/bun and the fries. And the flab is odd. I figured that since I lost 36 lbs it wouldn't be as noticeable.