My baby is going to kindergarten

Options
I can't believe it's that time already. The past five years have whizzed by.:noway: It seems like just yesterday I had a little bitty baby, and now she's going to school! I THINK I'm ready (going to enjoy the free time for a week or two, then I'm going to go job hunting).

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's that time already. The past five years have whizzed by.:noway: It seems like just yesterday I had a little bitty baby, and now she's going to school! I THINK I'm ready (going to enjoy the free time for a week or two, then I'm going to go job hunting).
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My oldest is off to Kindergarten as well. I am more nervous than he is. My 3 yr old is going to a T/TH preschool program, so that means for a few hours 2x a week, it will just be me and my 19 month old. At least I know I can save money food shopping without little hands throwing things in the cart! I guess the new routine will start soon enough.
    Good luck to your Kindergartener! :)
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awww I'm gonna cry when mine goes I know it. I can't imagine sending my little baby off into the great big world without her mommy! :( Although, free time sounds kind of good....what's that again? lol
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Memories. I so miss that age I cried and he just ran off with the other kids, my baby is a senior in High School this year :sad:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It's not easy sending them off, but it's fun to see how much they learn. :smile:
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am going to be strong: my baby will start pre-k, my middle one will start Kindergarten and my firstborn is starting college :noway:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    It's not easy sending them off, but it's fun to see how much they learn. :smile:

She's so smart already...she can count to fifty, write her name, she knows her address and phone number, and she knows how to read and write the alphabet. I know she's ready...but am I?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Oh, enjoy it, they are so sweet! My oldest leaves for college in 2 1/2 weeks, my youngest starts 10th grade at the high school and I just KNOW the next 3 years are going to fly by and we will be empty nesters. :cry: I remember enjoying my free time, though.:wink:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Oh, enjoy it, they are so sweet! My oldest leaves for college in 2 1/2 weeks, my youngest starts 10th grade at the high school and I just KNOW the next 3 years are going to fly by and we will be empty nesters. :cry: I remember enjoying my free time, though.:wink:

For college???? Were you 8-years-old when you had your first??? :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

She's so smart already...she can count to fifty, write her name, she knows her address and phone number, and she knows how to read and write the alphabet. I know she's ready...but am I?

I cried the first day my son started nursery school - the teacher hugged ME, while my son ran off to the musical instruments! You will be fine, and your little girl will learn so much, and have great socialization opportunities! Have a little cry if you need to...
    :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Awwwww, I can't even imagine how I will feel when J.T. gets to kindergarten!! I know it will affect me MUCH more than him!!! He is SO sociable..I am sure he will walk in and be like "Ok, let's get this show on the road!!!" :laugh: :laugh:

Stay strong!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    -Tam
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling....twice, and it was so hard both times!! Especially cause both my boys dropped me as soon as they saw all the other kids, I felt like they didn't need their mommy anymore boohoo! My middle child starts grade one this year and all I can think is yay, he'll be gone every day whoohoo!! Then last night I was feeling around in my 7 month olds mouth and finally felt his first tooth. I get so emotional over first milestones! They are all growing too fast. This is my oldest sons last year of elementary school, so I'll have to deal with the high school thing next year!!
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My oldest goes off to kindergarten as well this fall. He is most excited about riding the bus with all his friends. I will still have my two year old "devil" at home, I have another year before he can go off to preschool so I can have a few hours of freedom!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options

For college???? Were you 8-years-old when you had your first??? :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Hi, just saw this, that i so sweet, you are my new best friend!:flowerforyou: I must have a fuzzy picture! :laugh: