Is anyone else having this problem?

Options
I woke up this morning, usually my calories are 1580. Today they were 3140. I've reinstalled the app, I've reset my goals, and it's still happening. I just want to know if anyone is having the same problem, because this is stressful for me and I'm pretty annoyed.

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My fitbit adjustment says 1282 calories, I woke up at 7, no exercise done.,
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sounds like your fitbit has gone a bit mental!
  • mode42
    mode42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yes, you are not the only one, since the last update the calories it gives you has gone up dramatically, for some reason it seems to be giving you tdee-20% for your goal weight to net so, you end up eating more calories. I put on pounds last weight and couldn't figure out why. I play around with Scooby's and iifym calculators using the different settings from sedentary to very active to compare it to mfp and the number mfp gives is the same as what they give you after subtracting 20%. Its nothing to do with fitbit, as I don't own anything like that, if you look on the feed back section people have complain about this too. I think the formula they use has change.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @TavistockToad It defo has gone mental lol. I didn't realise it was low battery, and so I'm charging it now, hopefully that will fix the problem.

@Mode42 Well I'm guessing it can only be a good thing to be able to eat more cals, thanks I'm going to look ont he feedback section too.

Thanks to both of you for replying and the help.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes, you are not the only one, since the last update the calories it gives you has gone up dramatically, for some reason it seems to be giving you tdee-20% for your goal weight to net so, you end up eating more calories. I put on pounds last weight and couldn't figure out why. I play around with Scooby's and iifym calculators using the different settings from sedentary to very active to compare it to mfp and the number mfp gives is the same as what they give you after subtracting 20%. Its nothing to do with fitbit, as I don't own anything like that, if you look on the feed back section people have complain about this too. I think the formula they use has change.

that's incorrect.

yes, MFP have changed their calculations, so a lot of people are getting around 50 - 100 cals extra, but this is not why the OP has an extra 1200 cals today!