eating too few calories!!!! plsss help!!!!

Options
hi everyone, i'm new at MFP and its by third day. i have been eating healthy and have changed my food habbits and have been eating more. The thing is that at the end of each day i still need to eat 300-500 calories more. i am worried if i go into starvation mode. i do excersize regularly. i cant eat more food if i'm not hungry. Does this mean i will not loose weight?

Replies

• suzukigrl
    Options
    hi everyone, i'm new at MFP and its by third day. i have been eating healthy and have changed my food habbits and have been eating more. The thing is that at the end of each day i still need to eat 300-500 calories more. i am worried if i go into starvation mode. i do excersize regularly. i cant eat more food if i'm not hungry. Does this mean i will not loose weight?
    no, you shouldn't eat if you are not hungry but there a few ways to get your calories in. there is olive oil, avocados and nuts. high in calories but they have omega-3's and they are good fats. try a little oil with your salad or avocado on your sandwich. or guacamole. yumm. and as few as 10-20 almonds will add up on your calories. a special k protein shake has 190 cal and it tastes really good. hope this helps.
  • emtaha
    emtaha Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks sooo much. i will buy some shakes tomorrow and thanks for the tips.
  • faithjones83
    faithjones83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Als Peanut Butter! 2 talblespoons has 190 calories and its the good fats.
  • DeanaMarshall
    DeanaMarshall Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to know, since you mention you exercise regularly, if you have these calories left over as part of your total or are they left over as part of the total calories for the day? In other words, are you reaching your calorie intake and have "earned calories from exercise" left over? Or on days that you do not exercise you still have calories left over?

Some ppl say that they do not eat their exercise calories. I also try not to eat my "cardio cals" but I don't freak out if I eat some of them. I always try to end the day "in the green." As for being worried about "starvation mode," I'd be more concerned about slowing your metabolism down. As you eat smaller meals more often your metabolism goes up and burns more calories...blah blah blah... are you eating breakfast? There is a good article in Allure this month that talks about some tricks of dieting and some studies that support them. One of them is a hearty breakfast. I had to train myself to eat breakfast, I usually skipped it (two kids, no time).

One last thing: look into adding "Mufas" to your diet. Monounsaturated fats: Almonds, Olive Oil, Dark Chocolate, Avocados. There is more info if you Google "Flat Belly Diet." These foods are a little high in calories, but have proven to be fat burners and eat away at belly fat. This could increase your calories, increase your metabolism, and help burn belly fat (who doesn't love that?)

I hope these thoughts help! Best of luck!
  • emtaha
    Options
    i have a lot of left over calories on my excersize days, i'm counting the calories that i eat for the day plus the calories earned. is it ok not to eat my earned excersize calories?

As for breakfast i used to skip it (Yes i know how you feel i have two kids a 4yr old and a 3 month old not breastfeeding), now i force myself to have breakfast.

so right now i'm trying to loose my baby weight.

Thanks for the tips much appreciated
  • emtaha
    Options
    I'd be interested to know, since you mention you exercise regularly, if you have these calories left over as part of your total or are they left over as part of the total calories for the day? In other words, are you reaching your calorie intake and have "earned calories from exercise" left over? Or on days that you do not exercise you still have calories left over?

Some ppl say that they do not eat their exercise calories. I also try not to eat my "cardio cals" but I don't freak out if I eat some of them. I always try to end the day "in the green." As for being worried about "starvation mode," I'd be more concerned about slowing your metabolism down. As you eat smaller meals more often your metabolism goes up and burns more calories...blah blah blah... are you eating breakfast? There is a good article in Allure this month that talks about some tricks of dieting and some studies that support them. One of them is a hearty breakfast. I had to train myself to eat breakfast, I usually skipped it (two kids, no time).

One last thing: look into adding "Mufas" to your diet. Monounsaturated fats: Almonds, Olive Oil, Dark Chocolate, Avocados. There is more info if you Google "Flat Belly Diet." These foods are a little high in calories, but have proven to be fat burners and eat away at belly fat. This could increase your calories, increase your metabolism, and help burn belly fat (who doesn't love that?)

I hope these thoughts help! Best of luck!

i have a lot of left over calories on my excersize days, i'm counting the calories that i eat for the day plus the calories earned. is it ok not to eat my earned excersize calories?

As for breakfast i used to skip it (Yes i know how you feel i have two kids a 4yr old and a 3 month old not breastfeeding), now i force myself to have breakfast.

so right now i'm trying to loose my baby weight.

Thanks for the tips much appreciated