It's time to get serious

Options
Okay...really have to get serious this time. Right before the holidays and all the yummy foods and desserts. Am I setting myself up for failure??? Previously lost 60 lbs with WW but gained 45 of it back. I need to track and hope this site helps me reach my goal. Any suggestions and all support will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site for tracking!! and motivatiion!!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I lost my last 10 pounds before my wedding last year and THEIR BACK!! Being sick this last week didn't help, but starting today I will get serious. I'll keep snacking to a minimum, but enjoy the actual holidays. If I want pumpkin pie, I will eat it, but only on Thanksgiving. If it's something I can get at any time of the year, I'll save those calories for things I only get once a year. Even if I only lose one pound over the holidays, it's much better than gaining. :) Good luck!!!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is time to get serious and you are not setting yourself up for failure! Just realize if you fall, get right back up! No one is perfect! We all are in the same boat :)
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is time to get serious and you are not setting yourself up for failure! Just realize if you fall, get right back up! No one is perfect! We all are in the same boat :)

Agreed! I've done research with the family so I know what's being served. I've semi-planned my Thanksgiving meal so I won't go overboard and I'm planning to bring my own healthy side dishes to share. Good luck and remember to enjoy the holidays with your loved ones, don't stress too much.
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    You only fail if you don't try!!! Welcome, we gottcha back.
  • msmaggie154
    Options
    Wow...Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I try not to stress too much but thats just me..can't help it. I found that when I start to reach a certain level of stress..out the door for a walk. I think it helps reduce stress AND I get some exercise. I don't think I am worried so much about the meal itself it's what comes after the meal...the pies, the cakes....I am a sweet fanatic...I hope that with all the support and the accountability (tracking), I will achieve my weight loss goal...52 lbs...Thanks again and you will be hearing from me...
  • roxanea
    Options
    Welcome, I am right where you are. Enjoy the holidays just remember protion sizes. Not only is keeping track of what you eat important but so is keeping everything you eat in the right protion size. Measure if you are not sure what a protion is suppose to look like or if you have a kitchen scale weight your food if possible. Just remember a portion of meat is the size of the palm of your hand, a serving of stuffing, mashed potatoes or yams is the size of your fist, non starchy vegetables is 1cup and fruit is either 1 piece or 1/2 a cup.
  • msmaggie154
    Options
    Thanks...I got pretty good at eyeing portion size..Thanks to WW...I tend to ignore portion size when it comes to sweets...I really have to portion everything I eat...
  • amberchristi
    Options
    You only fail if you don't try!!! Welcome, we gottcha back.

Agreed! Welcome and happy journeys!!