HRM reveals mistery

Options
natalie1
natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
I've been exersising - walking on trademill for 60 minutes with 15% inclination for about 6 months. I worked myself up to 600cals per hour. 3 weeks ago I purchased Polar F11 HRM. Immediately it measured my cals loss at only 300.(same workout) :explode:
.Now I've been using HRM daily and daily it tells me that my calories loss is progressively getting less and less but % of FAT loss is getting higher and higher. Calories went from 300 to 270-250- now it is 230 (while my trademill still says 600 :flowerforyou: ).
Fat loss started at 30% (from HRM 300cals) and now it is 60% (from HRM 230cals).
Did anybody experienced the same dynamics?
Any advice on how to get more cals loss?

Replies

• natalie1
    Options
    I've been exersising - walking on trademill for 60 minutes with 15% inclination for about 6 months. I worked myself up to 600cals per hour. 3 weeks ago I purchased Polar F11 HRM. Immediately it measured my cals loss at only 300.(same workout) :explode:
    .Now I've been using HRM daily and daily it tells me that my calories loss is progressively getting less and less but % of FAT loss is getting higher and higher. Calories went from 300 to 270-250- now it is 230 (while my trademill still says 600 :flowerforyou: ).
    Fat loss started at 30% (from HRM 300cals) and now it is 60% (from HRM 230cals).
    Did anybody experienced the same dynamics?
    Any advice on how to get more cals loss?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Have you lost weight during that time? BEcause you know that you burn less calories for the same amount of exercise the skinnier you get? I have to ride 2 hours to get the calories that I used to be able to burn up in 1 hour now!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Have you lost weight during that time? BEcause you know that you burn less calories for the same amount of exercise the skinnier you get? I have to ride 2 hours to get the calories that I used to be able to burn up in 1 hour now!

Yep. Same here. I know that it sucks but it is true, the healthier you get, the harder you have to work to burn calories.
  • natalie1
    Options
    I only lost 8 lbs in 2 months. I have HRM for like 3 weeks.
    Shorerider, if you right, than my maintanance weight workouts ( when and IF I'll reach my goal weight)- should be even longer and harder workouts than getting there?
  • shorerider
    Options
    Not necessarily. It will depend on how many calories you insist on eating when you get to the maintenance stage. You don't have to exercise at all to lose weight--just maintain a calorie deficit. Losing weight helps you get healthy, too, but the deficit comes from cutting back on food really.

So, if you wish to eat more than your maintenance calories at that point, then, just like now, you'll have to exercise to "earn" them or to work off the extra calories above your maintenance point.

And, any weight loss makes a difference in how many calories you burn--trust me! I was shocked when I saw my calorie burn drop!

Hope this helps.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i also have a question whle we are talking about HRMS

do any of you notice that you lose a different amount of calories than normal during TOM?

I have had my HRM for months now, and wear it every day when i work out. SOmetimes i burn 400 calories doing the same workout that burned 700 calories the day before.

(keep that in mind, natalie... that it will definitely vary based on a number of factors including how tired you are and how much you have eaten etc..., and I would trust the hrm before i would the machine... oh yea, AND remember that keeping your heart rate at about 60-70% of max. heart rate will be the most efficient burning of calories, so if you are below that, you might want to up your speed perhaps?)

This week seemed to be lower on the calories burned, and i wonder if TOM could have something to do with that... any ideas about what makes the calories burned fluctuate so heavily on some days?
  • shorerider
    Options
    i also have a question whle we are talking about HRMS

do any of you notice that you lose a different amount of calories than normal during TOM?

I have had my HRM for months now, and wear it every day when i work out. SOmetimes i burn 400 calories doing the same workout that burned 700 calories the day before.

(keep that in mind, natalie... that it will definitely vary based on a number of factors including how tired you are and how much you have eaten etc..., and I would trust the hrm before i would the machine... oh yea, AND remember that keeping your heart rate at about 60-70% of max. heart rate will be the most efficient burning of calories, so if you are below that, you might want to up your speed perhaps?)

This week seemed to be lower on the calories burned, and i wonder if TOM could have something to do with that... any ideas about what makes the calories burned fluctuate so heavily on some days?

Temperature? amount of food you've eaten that day? How much sleep you've gotten? Plus, you can't have carbon-copy work-outs all the time; there will naturally be differences in how hard you work-out.
  • natalie1
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I love MFP community.:love:
    Shorerider, I always read your comments. :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    :blushing:

thanks!