I don't want to be a fat bride! Add me, need friends :)

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm 26 years old and engaged with a wedding date of 10/10/14. I've been heavy all my life (around 200-250lbs) and have tried weight watchers and every diet in the book since I'm 16. I set a goal for myself to lose 1.5-2lbs a week and have been educating myself in healthy alternatives. I cook dinner every night (mostly recipes from Skinnytaste.com and weightwatchers.com) and I have been using healthy ingredients I never thought I would like. I pre-pack my breakfast/lunches/snacks at work (desk job) because I find if I prepare, I succeed. I don't drink soda, just coffee and water. I am trying to get in around 90oz of water daily.

Long story short, I have been logging in every day and looking for some new friends to see in my news feed everyday to keep me motivated. I have been doing walking/jogging intervals on my treadmill in my bedroom every night while watching some great netflix documentaries (forks over knives is one of my favorites) and incorporating some fitness DVDs when I get bored of the treadmill. It's been a week and I'm down 4lbs which I know is mostly water weight, but I can't help but see a difference in my skin and I don't feel bloated and nasty with stomach aches daily.

Feel free to add me, I don't want to be a fat bride!

Replies

• ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • LouiseDavis65
    LouiseDavis65 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!!! Keep it up --- and you can certainly add me if you'd like to :) It's a hard battle to fight, but it can be done!!
  • EmelMeli1983
    Options
    Great job so far,I'm sure with this strong will,by the the wedding day you will look glamorous
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!! :) I'm so excited!
  • paiger281
    Options
    Good job on losing 4lbs!!!!
    Measuring yourself helps too because sometimes you'll lose inches before anything budges on the scale. I find it a lot more motivating. Especially, if you're building more muscle :)

Good luck!

Paige
  • reesa12345
    reesa12345 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I think you are doing great...my story is similar in that I have been in your exact weight range all my adult life and a big life event is motivating me too. I have an 18 month old and I just want to be the best person I can be for her and run and play and just overall feel better.

I just joined yesterday, my dr. recommended this site but I already think this site is amazing. I have visited it so much in the last 24 hours but I think it's a great transfer from using the same energy buying junk food and the same energy I would be using feeling bad about myself eating said junkfood I now check out people stories and get inspired and learn new things about good and bad food choices. Let's keep eachother motivated!
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thats a great start so far! You can do it and would love to encourage you along the way! Request sent!
  • dkgoetz
    dkgoetz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a request, we're getting married a day apart! 10-11-14 for me :]
  • jennynewbury
    jennynewbury Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My wedding was my motivation for losing weight - profile pic shows a comparison of honeymoon in Hawaii and a holiday to Barcelona the year we got engaged. I managed to lose about 50lbs in the 6months before the wedding and adore looking back at my pictures - it was completely worth every single second of not giving in, resisting the urge to cheat and dragging myself out of bed at 6am to go to spin classes or do C25k running app. I'm open to any friend requests - I'm online every day (about 740 days and counting lol)
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a wonderful start! So happy to add you!
  • heatherdiale
    heatherdiale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Heather =),

im in the same boat as you- i'm also engaged and trying to lose weight for my wedding. Mine is a little farther off, in March next year, but with my luck trying to loose weight- the more time the better ha. :p Good luck! I've sent a friend request.
  • leannraya
    Options
    The amount of support on here is SO overwhelming. Thank you for all of your beautiful comments when you added me, I literally have tears in my eyes. I can do this!! So can all of you!!
  • leannraya
    Options
    I'm sending a request, we're getting married a day apart! 10-11-14 for me :]

SO awesome!!! We're in the same boat!!
  • leannraya
    Options
    Hi I'm Heather =),

im in the same boat as you- i'm also engaged and trying to lose weight for my wedding. Mine is a little farther off, in March next year, but with my luck trying to loose weight- the more time the better ha. :p Good luck! I've sent a friend request.

Congrats!!!!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement and on your loss thus far! Friend request sent! I am 24 years old, 5'1" and 158lbs. I got married in August 2012 and wish I had started this journey prior to that. Best of luck!
  • girlmacgyver79
    girlmacgyver79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! You're doing exactly what you need to be.

As someone who just got married last month, let me say, BE HAPPY WITH WHATEVER YOU ACCOMPLISH between now and your wedding day.

I trained hard and ate well for 6 months ahead of my wedding and I still had that moment of "I feel so fat!" on my actual wedding day. Somehow I think I was hoping by some miracle that I could be like a biggest loser and shed the pounds and I'd be this skinny thing I've never been in my whole life! But of course it didn't work out that way.

Nobody wants to be a fat bride, but many of us are. HOWEVER, I did fit into my fabulous dress. I had a wonderful event and I'm now married to the love of my life. I still have a long way to go in my weight goals as the journey does not end on your wedding day. Just remember to smile and enjoy each moment and if you're worried about pictures, I bet you'll find quite a few that make you look like a rockstar... no matter how "fat" (or not-fat) you are.

Congrats and All Positive Thoughts for Your Journey!
  • leannraya
    Options
    Great job so far! You're doing exactly what you need to be.

As someone who just got married last month, let me say, BE HAPPY WITH WHATEVER YOU ACCOMPLISH between now and your wedding day.

I trained hard and ate well for 6 months ahead of my wedding and I still had that moment of "I feel so fat!" on my actual wedding day. Somehow I think I was hoping by some miracle that I could be like a biggest loser and shed the pounds and I'd be this skinny thing I've never been in my whole life! But of course it didn't work out that way.

Nobody wants to be a fat bride, but many of us are. HOWEVER, I did fit into my fabulous dress. I had a wonderful event and I'm now married to the love of my life. I still have a long way to go in my weight goals as the journey does not end on your wedding day. Just remember to smile and enjoy each moment and if you're worried about pictures, I bet you'll find quite a few that make you look like a rockstar... no matter how "fat" (or not-fat) you are.

Congrats and All Positive Thoughts for Your Journey!

Amazingly said.. thank you!! <3
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm riding the roller coaster of weight loss right now due to my busy work schedule, being mom to a four year old and being a maid of honor in a wedding in May! I have my bridesmaids dress already, but i want to get down a few more pounds to really look good in it!

You sound like you are doing all the right things, so keep that up! All your prep work (pre-packed meals, snacks, etc.) along with realistic goals and you will have a wonderful wedding!
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    . I started on this site at the beginning of January and it really helps. You just have to exercise and log your meals everyday. good luck and if you have a cheat day or moment just keep going. you can do it
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    good luck in reaching all your goals...this place is a great motivator..anyone can feel free to add if they wish!