is this right ? i ate many hi carb meals today and im not ea

lewy_monaro
lewy_monaro Posts: 7
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my names lewy I am 22 and 110 kgs. I joined this site today and made a day plan. according to it i should only be having 1800 calories a day. I have had many meals today including coffee with 2 sugars for breakfast. and oats. for lunch i had ham potato and salads (2 servings of each) also 2 v energy drinks and a salad and coffee for dinner as well as nuts and rice crisps for a snack. i have loged it all down and it is less then 600 calories. it says i am not eating enough and shouldent starve myself. also in 5 weeks i would loose 15 kgs i have also double checked the quantities. ? i dont understand if this is right.

i am also traning 4 days a week as a powerlifter

Whole Foods - Rolled Oats, 1 cup dry 300 54 5 10
Nescafe - Coffee With Semi Skimmed & 2 Sugars, 450 ml 53 0 0 0

Lunch
Om Deli Meat - Ham Slices, 16 slice (oz.) 40 0 6 20
Homemade - Garlic Mashed Potaoes, 1/6 recipe 212 30 9 4
Generic - Side Salad, 1 Bowl 30 3 0 1
Generic - 16oz Coffee, Semi-Skimmed Milk, 2 Tsp Sugar, 1 cup 47 4 0 1

Dinner
V - Energy Drink, 500 ml can 234 53 0 0
Salad With Chicken and Basalmic Vinegar Dressing - Salad With Chicken Breast, 2.5 cup 160 0 0 1

Snacks
Nuts - Almonds, 2 Almonds 16 1 2 1
Coke - Coke - Can (178 Ml), 1/2 Can 70 39 0 0

Totals 1,162
Your Daily Goal 1,690
Remaining 528 Calories

Replies

• brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    I think your calorie count is way off.. Where are you getting those numbes from? Everything you have listed would be way over 600 calories...
  • hmires
    hmires Posts: 14
    you definitely need to make sure you are eating enough. I have been on many diets before...and if you are under in calories...your body hangs on to the weight instead of letting you lose it! Follow what the website gives you for a caloric guideline and you will lose weight!
  • I think it is close enough. the main meals are around 150-200 calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/lewy_monaro

that is the list if your able to see it .
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Do not use entries marked with a * unless you double check the values. These are user entered and people try to cheat in all manner of ways.

Whole Foods - Rolled Oats, 1 cup dry 300 54 5 10 .......................................did you eat them dry?
    Nescafe - Coffee With Semi Skimmed & 2 Sugars, 450 ml 53 0 0 0 ................................21 cals pers sugar, 4-8 cals for coffee. The milk is more than 3 calories

Lunch
    Om Deli Meat - Ham Slices, 16 slice (oz.) 40 0 6 20 ..............not sure on this one, is that 16 slices or what?

Homemade - Garlic Mashed Potaoes, 1/6 recipe 212 30 9 4 ......................212 calories of mash potato would be about the size of a 2-3 inch diameter potato

Generic - Side Salad, 1 Bowl 30 3 0 1 .........carrots and onions bump p salad value but this looks ok

Generic - 16oz Coffee, Semi-Skimmed Milk, 2 Tsp Sugar, 1 cup 47 4 0 1 ..........see coffee comment above

Dinner
    V - Energy Drink, 500 ml can 234 53 0 0 ...............................if you have the can check the values yourself
    Salad With Chicken and Basalmic Vinegar Dressing - Salad With Chicken Breast, 2.5 cup 160 0 0 1 .........how much chicken, average breast is around 100-120 g and is around 130 cals per 100g

Snacks
    Nuts - Almonds, 2 Almonds 16 1 2 1
    Coke - Coke - Can (178 Ml), 1/2 Can 70 39 0 0

Double and triple check all values yourself. Once you know they are correct verify them, they will then lose the star at the side (for you)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I looks like it's about 1100 cals and you have 600 left to make your goal. you should get as close to your goal as possible, including logging your powerlift and eating more on those days - believe me, you will still lose weight (so long as you log it all accurately). It's OK if you dont hit that # every day, but most days you should. Every so often having a low day like this is OK, but don't make a habit out of it. And remember, you dont have to eat like 6 cups of veggies to make your goal (ie, not a lot of food) - you can have a scoop of peanut butter and that will put you over the top.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Hello!

If you're training in powerlifting and trying to lose weight at the same you really need to watch your nutrition. This is difficult to do properly without sacrificing strength. Make sure to eats lots of veggies and fruits, and of course, keep your protein levels at or above the recommended. It's OK to over-eat the protein level since you're doing heavy strength training. Use lean meats like turkey and ckicken, and lean beef on occassion. Your weight loss my be slower than normal since you'll have to keep your nutrition up while training, but it will come eventually.

Another tip is to check out www dot bodybuilding dot com and look at the powerlifting section. There's lots of info there about training regimens and nutrition to help you. Good luck!
  • thanks for the replies. I dont understand the calorie system at the moment im trying to learn more about it. ill also double check what i list since all i have to go off are carbs. if the 1800 calorie a day is corect i can get a rough idea of the foods i eat that are listed.
This discussion has been closed.