Lunch! Gah!

Hello.

I am new to the forum although not new to my fitness pal. I lost 22lbs for my wedding last September and became a healthy 9st1lbs (I am 5ft 5). Since we have been back from honeymoon and it's so dark and dreary outside I am finding it harder and harder to stay on track and I have crept up to 9st6lbs - not a bad weight at all but I would prefer the 9st1lbs!!

I find my down fall is bad snacking at work i.e. not being strict enough with the biscuit tin! But mainly not knowing what to have for lunch that keeps me full and within my calorie limit.

I will usually opt for soup and a small roll but I am starving by the time 17:00 comes around and then I have to face a workout at the gym!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could eat during the day while at work that will leave me with enough energy to exercise before going on home?

Many thanks!
L

Replies

• missvie
    missvie Posts: 21 Member
    Work was also my biggest downfall I would snack all day and spend 15-20 dollars on lunches because there are many great cafes in the area. I found the easiest thing was to just make an extra piece of fish, chicken , or whatever I was having for dinner and bring it to work the next day for lunch. Takes the thinking out of it, it tastes good and is filling and has all my calorie and nutrient requirements. I also have half a scoop of protein with my breakfast so I stay full during the day!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    My diary is open, but my day usually consist of a couple eggs for breakfast, chicken thigh and veggies for lunch, and a snack of yogurt or fruit or both. This is usually enough to get me through until dinner. It averages around 800 calories...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Leftovers. I just prepare a little extra at dinner and put it in a container to take for lunch the next day. Usually about 1/2 to 3/4 of what I had for the evening meal (because I like a big meal in the evening).

Sometimes I only have leftover meat or fish, and I use that to make a sandwich wrap with 100 calorie high fiber wrap, leafy greens, chopped veggies, maybe a little cheese and dressing (usually mustard, vinaigrette, or hot sauce). This is about 300-400 calories, depending on ingredients.

If no leftovers, I usually bring a similar sandwich wrap using hummus or canned tuna.
  • Leftovers! FAB idea! :-)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Soup and a roll would leave me hungry soon after too. Try to get more protein into your lunches. I usually make a salad to have with tuna, mackerel, cottage cheese or mozzarella. Grilled chicken or turkey would work well too. I'll usually follow this up with some Greek yoghurt.

This will usually see me through the afternoon, a cycle ride home and a lifting session before eating my evening meal.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Eat some protein for your lunch, tuna/chicken/eggs/prawns, keep you fuller for longer.
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    I take a big ol bag of food to work with me every day. I eat five snacks, yes, five, because I know that if I don't I'll be a raging B by five o'clock.

Today for lunch I'm having leftover taco soup from last night, but in a smaller portion.

For my snacks, I'm having
    1 cup of brown rice/quinoa medley
    1 banana
    1 apple
    carrots with Ranch
    1 cup of yogurt.

Srsly. Mama's gotta eat.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 633 Member
    Add more protein....a shake, or bar as long as you read the ingredients and nutrition label. Cheese and yogurt would also be good. Have it just before your workout to give you more energy. You likely need to eat more during the day.