Pole fitness

Options
hiya, jst wondered if n e one has tried pole dancing fitness?! I've done one class out of six week course! I didn't ache that much but I got some impressive bruises! What should I log this as?!? Does anyone know a rough guide of how many calories burned in hour?!
Thanks
xHx

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i would google 'calories burned pole dancing' and that way it will tell you how many you burned based on your body weight
  • BillyLightening
    Options
    Wow that's so cool, good for you! Pole fitness is one of my biggest goals, but at 255 lbs I feel I'm too heavy to try it just yet and don't feel like I have enough upper body strength. Was it pretty difficult?
  • Helly86
    Helly86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I found it really hard!! I went with my sister, and she's tiny and she was swinging round the pole like a pro! But I struggled to hold
    Myself, guess my upper body weight isn't very good.
    I was the biggest girl there. But I thought why not, just bite the bullet kind of fing! U should do it too, doesn't mattet, u only live once! X x
  • dmossett
    Options
    Pole dancing is a great workout. I have been doing it for over a year. If you can work through the bruises you will see some pretty pleasing results, plus it breaks the monotony of going to the gym. Plus, you don't have to start off with a lot of upper body strength or be super fit to do it, but it will get you there pretty quickly. The poles can hold up to 250-300 lbs. I have been counting this as aerobics or dancing, plus it also has the strength training aspect of it. I know I am burning more calories than those activities, but the added surprise of more than expected weight lost every week is my little way of keeping motivated. However, if you want to be accurate you should probably google it or get a monitor.
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    Pole dancing? Haven't tried that yet. Sounds like something that might fight off some work-out boredom.....going to look into it!
  • BillyLightening
    Options
    I found a "Polga" class that fits with my schedule this week, it's yoga using a pole...lol For some reason it feels less intimidating. It seems like I wouldn't have to let my sexy side come out as much, I'm not exactly in touch with my sexy side at this weight lol Now I just need to get up the nerve to do it!
  • MommieDearest1966
    Options
    Hi! Did you join Polga? If so do you like it? It isn't offered here in my city so I bought the video last night on line. I can't wait to try it. I really need to mix things up a bit. I also started Belly Fit yesterday.