Can anybody lose weight?

Options
In terms of your body, like I feel like I've always been big and it's just my body and it'll never change. Is this the case? I don't have trouble exercising or eating at a deficit.. But there's this constant fear in my mind that maybe I'll just never be able to lose the weight.. Does anybody else feel like this and is it possible for anyone to lose weight?

Replies

• Seabully
    Seabully Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I felt that way in 2012. March of 2012, It was a slow process, but I kept at it, starting modifying my eating habits and exercise routine, and slowly but surely, the ball started rolling. It's completely normal to feel like change won't happen. But if you are driven, and keep at it, you'll see it.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    well i have always been fat. and never thought anything about it. never even thought about losing weight. of course i would have these dreams i would wake up and my stomach would be gone. seriously. but on july 22nd 2013 something changed i woke up with a new found love for myself and decided i would do whatever it takes, to take better care of myself. and its working. so the least you can do is give it a shot. eat less (track your calories) and move more. i started with just walking. and it worked.
  • kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm currently eating 1950 calories a day and lifting twice a week and I've lost 14lbs in about two months, I think it may be because it's a slow process and I'm quite impatient lol but I'm not gonna give up :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm currently eating 1950 calories a day and lifting twice a week and I've lost 14lbs in about two months, I think it may be because it's a slow process and I'm quite impatient lol but I'm not gonna give up :)

Congrats on your 14 pound loss so far! That's great progress.
  • kieran9810
    Options
    Thank you! May be less then I hoped for at this point but still, when I've hit my goal it'll all be worth it!:)
  • Seabully
    Seabully Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's slow and steady, and you know what they say.... :-) You'll win that race, and you'll be happier in the time it took to lose it, because your results will be long-lasting and healthy.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I definitely did. I thought I was big boned and destined to always look like an ofensive linebacker, even after years of cardio. then i quit running and started lifting weights and shrank down to half my size and it turns out, im actually small framed. go figure.

the best thing you can do is adopt the mindset 'let see what happens' and bet on your own success. Good luck!
  • kieran9810
    Options
    Thanks guys :) yeah I think it's just kind of the fear of failing, but I'll just continue how I am. Slow and steady :)
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes, anybody can lose weight.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes, anybody can lose weight.

except mannequins. they're screwed. together.