Figuring Out Calories in Homemade Veggie Chicken Soup

guamlite
guamlite Posts: 32 Member
Has anyone else done this?

I recorded everything I put in my Homemade Veggie Chicken Soup.

I'm wondering if I add up all the calories from my list then divide it by
how many cups of soup it yields...??

Thank you!

Replies

• BaoCat
    BaoCat Posts: 42
    Yes, that's the manual way of doing it.

You can also enter the recipe online in MFP and play with 'number of servings'. You still need to define what the serving size in your head is. ;)

I use to just write down the total #'s for the ingrediants pre-MFP though, then measure the amount of soup into a storage container, then divide by the size of the serving I wanted. 10 cups soup, 1.5 c serving = 6.66 servings. By total #'s, back then I minimally wrote down anything needed to calculate WW points values.

I prefer using the recipe builder for this now, as its easier to switch out ingrediants and # of servings. I just wish you could 'copy forward' a recipe to make a new version of it without retyping it. I have alot of 'version 1, version 2, etc.' recipes where I've tweaked it, but it's not a wholly different recipe.
  • april605
    april605 Posts: 1 Member
    Try using the recipe calculator, this is located in the food tab then under the recipe tab. There you can enter in all your ingredients and it will automatically divide it by the amount of servings you enter. And it will let you save the recipe for future use!
  • guamlite
    guamlite Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you so much, I didn't know about the receipe calculator.
    Will check it out.