Under Desk Pedal Exerciser?

Options
Does anyone out there successfully used a DeskCycle or similar product at work?

http://www.amazon.com/DeskCycle-Desk-Exercise-Pedal-Exerciser/dp/B00B1VDNQA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1390926521&sr=1-1

I am wondering if it’s worth it. I am just not sure if it is realistic to think that someone could actually do work while using it.

Replies

• Vonikins
    Vonikins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have one, and it was convenient however due to my desk configuration, I could not use it while I was on the computer. I have a drop tray for my keyboard and that diminshed my under desk clearance for pedalling. Also, unless you have a front panel to your desk/cube, you might have to put up something to keep the pedals from sliding away from your reach while using it based on my own experience. On the web you should find the clearance recommendations for the pedals and I would highly recommend checking to see if your work space accommodates it. Otherwise, it is a good tool.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    not worth it.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Oh weird I have just been looking at these.
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have one that is an elliptical. It took some time to get it set properly to avoid banging my knees on the desk but to me it's been worth it. I don't count it as exercise though - I use it strictly to keep blood flowing in my lower body since I sit most of the day.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I got one but don't actually use it at my desk...great for when I just want to sit on the couch and watch a movie :)
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    We have two!

Great for watching TV, but can't use it at work sadly :sad: