Options
scribb
scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
What do people wear while working out?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    While compression gear has been shown to improve performance, I'm not competing. So, I workout in loose clothing (typically bought at Wal-mart or Target).
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Loose all the way, I just can't wear anything tight.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I prefer loose. I'm not a runner or anything but it seems runners I know like the compression clothing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    BOTH.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Loose, comfy fitting clothing.

My daughter runs marathons and loves the knee high compression socks. She says it makes all the difference for her.
  • Phanatical
    Phanatical Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I personally like to wear tight bottoms and looser tops. I love to run in the Lululemon Run:Inspire tights! Amazing. As for tops I wear any old shirt I have. I saved up all my tees from interning in the NHL and use them lots!
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Depends on what I am doing. I prefer bike shorts to work out in.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I like the compression on the bottom and loose tanks on the top.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    at 41, 3 kids, and nearly 70lbs lost, I like compression for bottoms...keeps my jiggling bits a little more stable. ;) I find I am also less sore the next day. I prefer a looser top though.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It depends. When I do yoga I wear compression, had a bad experience stepping on loose pants/shirt a couple of times.

When I lift though it's all loose, shirt and pants. I love my large kid's size jogging pants from Target, so comfy and inexpensive! :happy:
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    loose, but running outside in the cold: these are my compressions....
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    another depends (not the adult diapers...)

For anything involving biking I'm in my tri / bike shorts, for long runs I like to wear compression tights (the science is a little sketchy on the benefits wearing them while running but the recovery benefits seem to be well documented) and,also for long runs, I wear a compression top under whatever shirt I have on, but that's more a case of my aversion to chaffed / bloody nipples.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Compression capris and a fitted tee every time.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    compression is a must for bottoms for me.

loose fitting stuff just doesnt feel right. especially loose fitting cotton stuff that's just an all-around NO for me. since it's hard finding compression tops that fit me and that wont ride up during workouts, i make allowance for simple tees to make up for the few performance tops i have.

my fave tshirts are old navys vintage tees or very old tshirts that are soft and thin
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

In the winter, especially, compression clothing. Especially up top, otherwise the man-nips get rubbed raw.

I also don't wear cotton at all.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Both. Compression top & tights with loose shirt & shorts over the top (as it hides the bumps & lumps!)
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It just depends what catches my eye. I like loose tank tops as a rule though. I've tried working out in tshirts but it always feels more constricting and I hate thinking about whether i'm getting pit stains. Bottoms it just depends on what i find that fits and what's clean. :P
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I typically wear compression bottoms with a technical moisture wicking sleeveless top.

I never work out in a cotton top.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    BOTH.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yep...

Compression under, loose over.