Lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks!

Options
Im absolutely amazed with myself. I rock!

I have a lot to get rid of, i started at 286 lbs. Need to get down to atleast 198 lbs, that's a long way to go. 6/1 this year i went on a diet, and since then my normal daily intake has hovered around 700 kcal a day. I tought I would be tired, but in the daytime im perfectly fine, almost even more alert than before. I do get more tired in the evenings tough, I barely manage to keep up with the housework and go to bed early. But eff the housework, my health is more important!

During this time I have had 3 cheating days. The first time someone close to me had a significant birthday, and the other two days were friday and saturday this weekend. I started to feel weak last week, and decided that i needed more food. Might have been drinking quite a bit of alcohol aswell ;) I consumed 2000-2500 kcal each day.

My pants arnt tight anymore, im almost dropping them. People around me notice the change. And I have hope for a slimmer future!

Im so proud of myself.

Replies

• jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Keep it up Mia! Great work
  • Miasen
    Miasen Posts: 31
    Options

Thank you, i will absolutely try! After so many tries and fails, i really feel that this is the time it will work!
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to say, that at your low calorie consumption, I don't think that "this is the time it will work". But yay for starvation diets!

I hope all the best for you, but am a firm believer in moderation for long term success.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

is a kcal the same as a cal? 700!?! I could never do it!!! What are you eating?
  • Miasen
    Options
    I'm sorry to say, that at your low calorie consumption, I don't think that "this is the time it will work". But yay for starvation diets!

I hope all the best for you, but am a firm believer in moderation for long term success.

I know starvation diets isnt the most sensible thing to do. Almost all my previous tries have been rolemodels for moderation: lower calorie consumption (but never below 1 200), and gradually increased physical activity. And i've failed them all.

I rather lose weight with a bad diet than fail another good one.
  • Miasen
    Options
    Good for you!

is a kcal the same as a cal? 700!?! I could never do it!!! What are you eating?

Thank you! :)

Oh sorry, yes it is. Kcal: calories.

I did'nt think i could either, to be honest im not sure how im doing it... I started with a goal of max 800/day, and never managed to eat that O_o Was really hungry the first day tough. Drank a cup of bullion, that made it feel better.

Normal day now, when eating a bit more than the first week:
    Breakfast - modifast shake 220 kcal
    Lunch - home made soup 200 kcal
    Dinner - home made soup 200 kcal
    Some time during the day I might eat some finn crisp, an egg, baby carrots or mini baby bel. That ranges between 0 and 200. Also trying to drink one protein shake a day, but finding it tricky to fit in time wise
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

You want her to keep up the starvation diet? Yay for slowly killing herself!!! :noway:

Mia this is no way to live, and rapid weight loss by starvation is NOT a success. Expect your post to be removed soon.

Find a healthy sensible plan you can stick to like at LEAST 1200 cals a day if not more. I started at the same weight as you, and i lost weight eating 3x what you eat.
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can't expect to eat 700 calories for the rest of your life. You have to learn to eat in moderation to maintain weight after you've lost it or you will gain it all right back. Eating 1200-1500 calories with exercise during the day, you should achieve 1-2 lbs loss a week. Choosing the right foods, you'll be amazed at the amount of food you can eat in a day at 1200-1500 calories. You didn't gain it all in a short time, you can't expect to lose it and keep it off in a short time. Getting a jump start for motivation isn't all bad, but I don't think its healthy for long term.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!