OMG Applebees Ruben!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    5000 grams of sodium. LOL! You could blow up a swimming pool with 5 kelos of sodium.

NERD FIVE!!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If you think Applebees is rough, try the Cheesecake Factory! Shrimp/pasta is 2,300 cals and completely jacked with fat!

You can't make that work IIFYM with a sledgehammer!

Best to all!

went there 2 weeks ago.

had a macaroni n cheese burger.

it was a burger, with a large ball of fried mac n cheese on top.

glorious.

This is going to sound weird...but try the Kobe Burger at Cheesecake factory. Trust me, you wont regret it. Cheapest thing on their menu and it's amazing. Bun, caramelized onions, and meat...thats all it is and all you need.

we dont go very often at all and actually that was one of my finalists.

i saw that it was "american kobe" so i backed out and went silly with the mac n cheese thing.

i'll try that though if we ever go back. i loves me a good burger.
    thanks for the tip!

Dude stop being so cheap....take the wife out more so i don't have to:flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    First let me say I didn't think what I would be getting would be healthy or even low cal, but I had no idea a sandwich (no fries) was 980 cals, 54 grams of fat and over 5000 grams of sodium!!! I knew the butter on the bread would get me but since it didn't have cheese I thought it would come out about 500 cals! Good thing I rarely eat out---for this exact reason. Also really glad I only had a few of the fries (side order is 440 cals). WOW!
    Lots of bread, mayonnaise-based dressing and a heap of fatty meat? Sounds about right. Nothing diet-friendly about Reubens, but they sure are tasty.

Well, they were. If I remember correctly. One of the things I miss since going veg ...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    First let me say I didn't think what I would be getting would be healthy or even low cal, but I had no idea a sandwich (no fries) was 980 cals, 54 grams of fat and over 5000 grams of sodium!!! I knew the butter on the bread would get me but since it didn't have cheese I thought it would come out about 500 cals! Good thing I rarely eat out---for this exact reason. Also really glad I only had a few of the fries (side order is 440 cals). WOW!
    Lots of bread, mayonnaise-based dressing and a heap of fatty meat? Sounds about right. Nothing diet-friendly about Reubens, but they sure are tasty.

Well, they were. If I remember correctly. One of the things I miss since going veg ...

I'm not veg but I still miss them too! I wonder if I could figure out a healthier way to make them...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'm not veg but I still miss them too! I wonder if I could figure out a healthier way to make them...
    My mom used to make them with turkey. She called it a Rachel. I don't think she made up the term, though. lol

So maybe turkey, a little less dressing and low-fat cheese? Or use just a little corned beef.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Applebee's is one of my favorite places to go while restricting calories. They have a great under 550 menu. The sirloin with shrimp is 510 calories with 49g protein. Plenty of food too.

Yup.
  • GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I recently took a trip to California where they must put the calories on the menu and I was shocked. Every entree was about 1k-1.5k cals at BJ's brewery. It was unbelievable but I wish that all restaurants put the cals on the menu in my state it would be so much easier.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I read a report recently that said all restaurants in the us will be required to put the calorie info on their menus by the middle of 2014!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I just went to the Hard Rock Cafe and got the veggie burger no roll or mayo. It was absolutely huge and delish at 170 calories. I got a side salad instead of fries.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    5000 grams of sodium. LOL! You could blow up a swimming pool with 5 kelos of sodium.

NERD FIVE!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I read a report recently that said all restaurants in the us will be required to put the calorie info on their menus by the middle of 2014!

Interesting, do you have a link?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

That would be awesome.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I couldn't find any articles stating this. Doesn't appear true.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options

I believe that refers to chain restaurants with sales over a certain amount....can't remember exactly.
  • trexxie1
    trexxie1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had dinner at Applebee's last night. I had looked up their menu and nutritional contents prior to going. I had the Zesty Roma Chicken and Shrimp off their lighter menu. It was DELICIOUS!! Only 410 calories. Definitely something that I would get again!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I believe that refers to chain restaurants with sales over a certain amount....can't remember exactly.

20 locations +

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/LabelingNutrition/ucm223408.htm

Hooray government
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Applebee'sNapa Chicken & Portobellos is awesome! Under 550 calories, 13g fat, 31g carbs, 54g protein