Ok, so I had a bad day.

Options
Several days ago I was weak and had Domino 's. Now everyday I have ads here on MFP for Domino 's. It is like a big temptation everyday. I kind of want to lie on my diary just to avoid tempting ads. What do you do to avoid temptation?

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    You can have dominos pizza. Just fit it in your day. Same with anything you like.

Unless like me you go hog wild for candy and cookies. Then you have to avoid them. ;-)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    does entering dominos in your diary create ad popups? or is it your browsing history did you order online?
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    clear your history including cookies on your computer lol when you search for certain items it leave "cookies" in your computer letting advertisers know you are interested in such things. if you clear the history the adds may go away. Good Luck!

Oh and Dominoes once and a while isn't a bad thing either. One bad meal wont make you fat just like one good meal won't make ya skinny!
  • encounter55
    encounter55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a good support system here at work, we all kinda eat well at work, We talk about our breakfast, pack lunches and talk about what we are making for dinner, talk healthy recipes. There's always tomorrow or the next meal to get you right on track :)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    clear your history including cookies on your computer lol when you search for certain items it leave "cookies" in your computer letting advertisers know you are interested in such things. if you clear the history the adds may go away. Good Luck!

Oh and Dominoes once and a while isn't a bad thing either. One bad meal wont make you fat just like one good meal won't make ya skinny!

lol thats what I thought :) About the cookies - the only good cookies are the ones you eat :)
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It's probably best to get off of here and avoid the ads :)

Go for a walk, do some stretches, take a long bath. Focus on good things that don't involve food.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Eat pizza IIFYM and get Adblock :drinker:
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Use an ad blocking program.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Avoiding temptation for me is all about planning - plan out what you are going to eat. Keeping snacks out of my house. Out of sight, out of mind - you can mute the ads. Images don't really tempt me -I am so happy to have Pillsbury rather than "5 food you should never eat" and "the secret to loosing belly fat" . I know the secret: eat less - but not too much less - and exercise more - but not too much more.

Think of the 38 pounds down - pretty darn impressive! So you had some pizza? Does not mean you have to have it every day.
  • AnarchistFitness
    AnarchistFitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would download ad-blocking software. That is really under-handed that MFP is allowing the information in your diary to be mined like that.
  • Thimbelinda
    Thimbelinda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just cleared cookies and my history, so far so good. Thanks for the advice.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You can have dominos pizza. Just fit it in your day. Same with anything you like.

+1

You can literally eat anything you want, just fit it into your calorie goal. Exercise moderation and don't go hog wild.

I had Pizza on Sunday. McDonald's today. Ice cream every night. Still losing weight.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Several days ago I was weak and had Domino 's. Now everyday I have ads here on MFP for Domino 's. It is like a big temptation everyday. I kind of want to lie on my diary just to avoid tempting ads. What do you do to avoid temptation?

Download an adblocker. Firefox and chrome have good free ones.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I would download ad-blocking software. That is really under-handed that MFP is allowing the information in your diary to be mined like that.

It's not necessarily stuff in your diary. Every time a poop thread appears on the list of recent forum topics (regardless of whether of not I click on the links to those topics), I get ads for Depends.
  • Breylin
    Breylin Posts: 23
    Options
    I had a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich on an everything bagel from dunkin donuts this morning...talk about TERRIBLE! Lol but it took me entering it into my food plan to see really how bad it was. I don't regret eating it - but now I'm armed with the knowledge of what I am doing and I can make an informed decision if I want to eat it again or not. Domino's pizza is OK, you just have to fit it within your calorie budget.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah the ads are a killer. It's creepy that it stalks what I'm posting on the boards AND what I'm putting in my diary, and not just my search history.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

I use ad blocker pro, you might want to do that.

No such thing as a bad day in my book though, what's more important is how I follow that day up. I can either let it get me, or I can get on with life. You can do it. :)
  • GameChanger82
    GameChanger82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I'll see your Domino's and raise you a large stuffed crust Domino's with chicken wings, potato wedges and cookies! That was my Friday night. Oh dear. I put on 7 lb between Thursday morning and Sunday morning. Good news though - I got back on the wagon on Sunday morning and all of that weight is gone.

I guess my answer is: you minimise the temptation by planning shopping, in my case getting groceries delivered, but you also accept that you're going to have some weak moments and you get right back on the wagon the next meal.

Another great example: Christmas. I had massive amounts of food on Christmas Day, but I behaved myself for the rest of the vacation and was 7 lb lighter when I went back to work in January than when I left in December.

Keep on keepin' on...

S