How to get back on the wagon exactly?

Options
So looking back at my diary this past week I seem to have got into the habit of eating over my cals, then compensating the next day etc etc. I know some people calorie cycle, but this is more in the 200-300 calorie range and I figure when it's unplanned it's really not ideal. Anyway, this rocky week has now culminated in a MASSIVE comfort eating binge today and I'm over by 850 calories (the shame!) Combined with the 250 or so I went over by on Friday night, this leaves me with a hefty 1000 calories to make up for. I would actually be surprised if it wasn't more and I underrepresented the amount of chocolate I had (sighhhhh).
So my question is, for those who have had bad weekends in the past have you tried to make up for it in the week (if I left 300 of my exercise cals a day, for example) or just called it a fresh start? I feel I should compensate for it, but I don't want to carry on this pattern of overeating then compensating. Maybe it's better to just back to eating normally and healthily?
Thank you for any advice!

Replies

• ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I'd say just get back at it. Don't try to make up for yesterday. Just make today good, and it will eventually become a habit to make the next day and the next day and the next good, too. Best of luck to you!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Start fresh, and focus on not falling back into your old habits.
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    Agreed! If you try to be too strict on later days, you'll just be even more likely to fall off the wagon again. Start fresh!!
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself for past mistakes, and start fresh. Just put one foot in front of the other and enjoy a nice walk, knowing it's good for your body, not worrying about if you'll burn enough calories from it :)
  • mal1973
    Options
    When I fall off the wagon for a few days, I just start fresh. Don't beat yourself up over a bad couple of days. Just focus on the upcomng days and get back on track. No one is perfect.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Start Fresh. Learn from past mistakes and stay strong and focused on the path ahead. What's done is done. I've had to, more times then I care to remember. Remember we are all in this together.:smile:
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    just start fresh the extra calories would have increased your metabolism so see it as a positive rather than a negative and move on :)
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses! I did do a big fat workout this morning to try and undo a bit of the damage, but I'm going to take all of your advice and let myself off :)