Protein powder!!

Options
Ok so im looking for a good protein powder to start my breakfast shakes with. Does any one have any good suggestions? All the help is appreciated .. :))

Replies

• JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have used Super Advanced Body Fortress which I like; GNC Amp which is okay; Shakeology was good; and Unjury (which has caused too many gas issues).

Good luck!
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have used Super Advanced Body Fortress which I like; GNC Amp which is okay; Shakeology was good; and Unjury (which has caused too many gas issues).

Good luck!

Super Advanced Body Fortress Whey Protein has creatine in it, so if you take it and wonder why you're putting on extra weight, it is mostly due to water retention. Although, it doesn't really state how much creatine is in it...

I use Gold Standard 100% Whey double chocolate. Probably the best tasting out there along with Syntha-6.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I use an organic no sugar added unflavored whey from MRM. I love it because it really doesn't have a flavor and I can add whatever I want and don't get bored half way through the container.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Super Advanced Body Fortress Whey Protein has creatine in it, so if you take it and wonder why you're putting on extra weight, it is mostly due to water retention. Although, it doesn't really state how much creatine is in it...

I use Gold Standard 100% Whey double chocolate. Probably the best tasting out there along with Syntha-6.

Good to know. I guess since I'm almost out, I will be switching anyway :)
  • Sash_T
    Sash_T Posts: 3
    Options
    I prefer to use either Musclepharm Combat Powder or Fitmiss Delight (the women's range made by Musclepharm)
    They are both packed full of other extra vitamins and goodies, are reasonably filling and very tasty with a good range of flavours so you never get bored. Also the Fitmiss Delight can be used for baking as well, you can make really awesome high protein low calorie muffins etc :P

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/combat-powder.html
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/delight.html

Those are links to each of the powders on muscle and strength just because they have all the info along side with a price. no particular reason i chose that website lol.

Good luck :)
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Replying so I don't lose the thread. :)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun flavor!
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the best! I have the double chocolate - pretty tasty, the Cookies & Cream - love it!, and the Vanilla Ice Cream - seriously when mixed w/a little skim milk it tastes just like ice cream! Has a great carb to protein ratio as well.
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Kaizen 100% Natural Whey Isolate Protein Powder -Dark Chocolate. It's pretty good and blends well.
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    GNC stuff is pretty horrid.

I'm using ON right now and can't recommend the choco-pb. It's kind of weird tasting and doesn't mix that well (though in a blender that wouldn't be an issue). Gonna try vanilla next. You can't beat it for price vs. protein content.

I've tried Jay Robb and it's delicious, though pricey. Would buy it on sale in a heartbeat.
  • DreJr89
    Options
    I used to use muscle milk light but those whey proteins really mess with my stomach. I'm currently using Raw Meal Replacement (Cocoa) (some people cannot stand the taste) but it has the best ingredient list out there. It also does wonders for energy.

Also it's completely vegan :) (if you're into that lifestyle).
  • StephyGetsHealthy
    Options
    bumping for reference later!
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sun Warrior!

Non-GMO, Allergen Free. Soy Free. Dairy Free! Free of solvents, radiation, artificial colors and preservatives.
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    I use Body Logix in vanilla ice cream flavor. it tastes amazing and blends into everything easily (except coffee)
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I also use body fortress, the chocolate peanut butter kind. Has 30g protein per 150cal scoop, which was the best ratio of all I looked at at my local Walmart. The only thing I've used it for since getting it a few weeks ago is mixing it in my oatmeal. Tastes like a mild no bake cookie dessert for breakfast! I will also have to break out the blender and make a chocolate pb banana smoothie one of these days...
    My dad got the muscle milk chocolate protein powder and sweared it tasted so much like cake batter, that must be what they put in the bag hahahaha (he got his from Costco)
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have optimum nutrition in milk chocolate and I like it! I've tried other brands and they made me gag (designer whey, body fortress)
  • GLH2576
    GLH2576 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been using Dymatize Nutrition Whey-Casein Elite Gourmet Vanilla Creme. I use 1/2 scoop and mix it with 6 ounces of milk or water plus either peanut butter or fresh berries (raspberries/blueberries...), plus about 1/2T of melted coconut oil.
  • thefitnightowl
    thefitnightowl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok so im looking for a good protein powder to start my breakfast shakes with. Does any one have any good suggestions? All the help is appreciated .. :))

Hey girly! I have been using Shakeology for 2 years now and I still cant believe how much energy it gives me! Its much more than a protein shake. Nothing compares to it on the market. I understand some people think its too expensive, but if youre serious about nutrition, you should def consider it!! Feel free to friend me if you like! Good luck!

-Shannon
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nut is the best. There 100% gold standard Chocolate or Strawberry Bananna are good choices.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I use 1st phorm. So far I've tried the chocolate peanut butter, ice cream sandwich, and the strawberry milkshake. I love it. I get it from supplement superstores.