Protein powder!!

Options

Replies

• getshredded2012
    getshredded2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Trutein vanilla. I buy it online and it's about $54 for a 5 lb tub.

Tastes awesome (like a vanilla milkshake when mixed with milk, and tastes good with just water too.)
    Tastes like whatever you blend it with if you want to add fruit, and if you prefer chocolate just add unsweetened cocoa powder.

120 cals with 25g protein / 5g carb / 1g fat per scoop
    only 50mg sodium per scoop
  • LipstickandIron
    LipstickandIron Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of MusclePharm's Combat powders. I LOVE the chocolate milk flavored one as well as the cookies 'n crème. In my opinion, they have the best tasting proteins. I have tried numerous brands and flavors and hands down they're my favorite. :)
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard Whey. French Vanilla is my favorite, so neutral, goes with everything.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you are in the UK or anywhere in europe actually I recomend the website myprotein.com, there whey is super good.
  • Twinmamamarion
    Twinmamamarion Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is it really unflavored? Like really and truly? I loathe protein powder. I'm currently using Plant Fusion. I will survive, but I hate it.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I like anything from Optimum Nutrition. The only other two I use are Dymatize and BSN. I am addicted to BSNs chocolate peanut butter syntha six.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I use Syntha-6, the chocolate peanut butter tastes like a milkshake - so good! I also have the cookies & cream and that's also good but the chocolate peanut butter is amazing.
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    The protein we have at home is ISO-Lean24 and Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie... Both really good!
  • daweez04
    daweez04 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    +1 Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard

Easy to get through either Vitamin Shoppe and Amazon (best bang for your buck). Mixes really well, I use the Vanilla Ice Cream, that way I can mix it with PB2 and/or Cocoa powder and get more flavors out of one.

The guy at Vitamin Shoppe also told me ON makes their brand, but I could only find it in 2lbs containers, and so price per oz ON was the same price with the 5 lbs.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Another one for Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard... I've loved every flavor I've tried. My favorite is Cinnamon Graham Cracker...it's awesome to bake with, too. HIGHLY recommend ON brand :drinker:
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Optimum is OK if you want something you can buy locally. I've also heard that ON makes the vitamin shoppe stuff, but hte powder is quite different.

That said...

Trutein is much, much better.
  • xBeKax
    xBeKax Posts: 24
    Options
    I use Horleys Sculpt Protein Powder I have the banana flavour which is sooo yummy! its light but filling and its gluten free as well so you do feel so bloated after. I have it with skim milk in the morning for breaky if I have no time but normally just water after my workouts :)

Ideal for:

* Women with busy lifestyles who are working out and need an extra source of vital nutrients to keep their bodies toned and healthy

* Women who are seeking a nutritious, convenient meal replacement formula to assist with a calorie modified eating plan

* Women looking for a high protein supplement to assist with lean muscle gain and weight management.

Sculpt makes a great morning or afternoon meal, or can replace lunch if required. If you're not good at eating breakfast, make yourself a Sculpt smoothie. The best time to use Sculpt is after a workout (or two hours before if you find yourself exercising and feeling hungry).

Available in five delicious flavours

* Swiss Chocolate
    * Vanilla Creme
    * Summer Berries
    * Banana Smoothie
    * Cafe Latte
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Body fortress chocolate is as cheap as it gets and is drinkable. BF chocolate peanut butter tastes like a nutty bar. BF cookies and cream and vanilla are both undrinkable and awful no matter what you mix them with.

Myofusion chocolate is a solid protein powder. Very decent (though its the only quality brand chocolate that I've tried). It's best with a spoonful of instant coffee, a splash of SF caramel coffee syrup, a cup of milk, a cup of water, and ice. Best iced latte ever. Seriously.

Dymatize gourmet berry is almost pure protein (106cals and 25g protein). It's decent but too sweet, but thats true of most of them. Dymatize vanilla is good. I like mixing the two together, or adding the vanilla to greek yogurt with berries. yum!

Syntrax lemonade: Tastes like a foamy minute maid. Weird and fake.

Syntrax matrix mint cookie: hands down the BEST tasting protein I've had. Like mint chocolate chip ice cream and not sickly sweet either. YUM!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Plus Complete Protein Blend with Whey @ Sam's Club

I buy the French Vanilla and add in whatever fruit I want.
    I use in place of a Meal prior to my Work-out!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb -- taste great - mixes well even with just water and is not chocked with a bunch of additives it doesn't need. It is a little more expensive, but I think its worth it. They have a pack of single serving flavors you can buy if you just want to try it. I order it off of his website and have always had great customer service.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I use Horleys Sculpt Protein Powder I have the banana flavour which is sooo yummy! its light but filling and its gluten free as well so you do feel so bloated after. I have it with skim milk in the morning for breaky if I have no time but normally just water after my workouts :)

Ideal for:

* Women with busy lifestyles who are working out and need an extra source of vital nutrients to keep their bodies toned and healthy

* Women who are seeking a nutritious, convenient meal replacement formula to assist with a calorie modified eating plan

* Women looking for a high protein supplement to assist with lean muscle gain and weight management.

Sculpt makes a great morning or afternoon meal, or can replace lunch if required. If you're not good at eating breakfast, make yourself a Sculpt smoothie. The best time to use Sculpt is after a workout (or two hours before if you find yourself exercising and feeling hungry).

Available in five delicious flavours

* Swiss Chocolate
    * Vanilla Creme
    * Summer Berries
    * Banana Smoothie
    * Cafe Latte

There is a difference between meal replacements and most protein powders.... Protein powders are generally to be used as a supplement, not a meal replacement. Meal replacements are a different ball game- up there with weight gainers and the like.

But don't let me interrupt the infomercial..... :indifferent:
  • johhunt47
    johhunt47 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like i'm just regurgitating here, but I've seen some great results with Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey. Good protein/carb ratio without too much sugar. Mixes very well with a variety of different options, too. I've tried some of the others from local/chain stores and aside from tasting like hell, they are just garbage for your body.

Might want to check out supplementwarehouse.com might be some good deals.

Little tip, mix with some skim milk and greek yogurt. Good protein boost that fills you up. That's my standard breakfast and I'm good until around 1-2 pm.
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Aria woman's protein comes in Chocolate or Vanilla their naturally flavored and sweetened, no artificial flavors, no MSG, non-GMO SOY and 99% lactose free outside of all the health stuff it taste good (I mix it with silk almond vanilla milk) and it's Heart healthy.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition "Rich Double Chocolate"

I tried their cookies and cream, which someone recommended above. But I don't think it tasted like either cookies or cream, and in fact was sorta harsh chemical and medicinal tasting. I only got through the tub by mixing it with their chocolate.