What's for dinner tonight?! Skinny Chicken Fajitas for me!

Options
Yumm.. so excited to make these tonight..I've been thinking about them all day! Thought I would share the recipe from skinnytaste :)

Skinny Chicken Fajitas
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 fajitas • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 299 • Fat: 10.5 g • Protein: 39 g • Carb: 27 g • Fiber: 15.5 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 423 mg (without the salt) • Cholesterol: 7.5 mg

Ingredients:

16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green or poblano pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, cut into strips
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
pinch ancho or Mexican chile powder, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp olive oil
8 reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas (Trader Joes)

For garnish:

1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese
reduced fat sour cream (optional)
guacamole (optional)

Directions:

Marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with chile powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin
Season vegetables with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil. To grill the onions and peppers outside on the grill, use a cast iron skillet and grill covered over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Or, to cook them indoors, you can use a large skillet on the stove over medium heat for 16 to 18 minutes, covered until the onions and peppers are soft.

Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat; grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board when done and cut into strips. Once cooked, combine with the peppers and onions. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, cheese and toppings

So what's for dinner?!

Replies

• smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh yummy! I am so going to make these tonight as well!
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    And here I am logging into MFP for a chicken recipe tonight and I find this! Thanks!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I believe that I will be making spaghetti bolognase with garlic bread tonight! It's so cold here, need some comfort food!