Take a look at my diary

Options
I would like some input from others to see if I'm on the right track. Please take a look at my diary and exercises to see if they will get me to my goals. Im doing a lot of cardio right now to shed some extra weight. Really starting to hit weights this week. I lift monday chest, triceps, shoulders. Wednesday is legs. Friday Back,Biceps, Traps. I currently weigh 165 and I would like to get down to 150, Im 5'5". I have somewhat of an athletic build, I just have a keg sitting on my belly. My overall goal is muscle definition but Im ok with gaining a little muscle. I would like to cut what I have then gain just a little bit. thanks

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not viewable.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    YOur diary is closed.

and you wont gain muscle on a deficet sorry...

To lose weight so the muscles you have show eat at a reasonable deficet and lift and get enough protien.
  • nightshutter
    Options
    Ill fix it. Hold on.

Im on my cut now. Not trying to gain right now.
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    I would tweak your settings. MFP has your daily calories set too low especially if you are working out
  • nightshutter
    Options
    I put on it working out 5 days 60 min. Some days i do 45 min some 90 min. 45 min days are cardio. 90 min days are 25 min cardio, 60 weights.
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    Right, but it has your daily goal at around 1300 and that is probably too low.

We have a huge research facility in my parish and I did one of their studies. I am a 5'5 female who has danced professionally sometimes up to 8 hours a day. They had me lay totally still on the bed with a bubble on my head to find out what my BMR is. At the time, if I did nothing and was in a coma, I would burn around 1700 calories a day. That does not include any of my exercise calories, that is just doing nothing.

If you are a 5'5 athletically built male, your BMR is probably a lot higher than 1300. If you eat too far below your BMR and work out and do not eat back your exercise calories, you don't have anywhere to cut calories when you hit a plateau.

My BMR when I had that study was around 1735. I'm not sure what it is currently and I've gained weight since then. There are calculators to help you figure out around what your BMR is without doing the test they did on me. I currently eat at least 200 more calories than you and I'm trying to lose 10 lbs
  • Amber_98133
    Options
    Based on your food diary I would say you are not getting enough healthy carbs into your diet. Especially for the amount of workout you are doing.

Also - you may want to target getting in the proper proteins during the day. Especially with the muscle growth you are targeting, your body will need some nutrients. If you don't properly give your body the proper nutrition, it will either crash or plateau.

Might I suggest a small change to your Protein to be:
    3-4oz of Protein for breakfast - 3 Large Eggs
    4 Almonds for a snack
    4oz Protein for lunch
    1oz Cheese for snack
    6oz Protein for dinner.

Those snacks mid-day between meals will also help add a little protein boost to help regulate your blood sugar.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1) eat more food
    2) weigh your food instead of guessing
    3) increase your protein goal to 30%
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I put on it working out 5 days 60 min. Some days i do 45 min some 90 min. 45 min days are cardio. 90 min days are 25 min cardio, 60 weights.

MFP doesn't add these in automatically. When you added this, it's more of a goal to check how your progress is. You have to add these exercises in every day and then eat the exercise calories back from there (or a portion of them if using MFP estimates, as it tends to overestimate exercise calories).
  • nightshutter
    Options
    According to bmr-calculator.net my BMR is 1715.45 another site said 2600 and another said 1635

If I dont work out on one day it says my goal is 1345 I think today since I did cardio my goal is 2000
  • nightshutter
    Options
    I add exercises in every day. I just logged in my cardio from tonight.