Vegetarian looking for knowledgable,accountable friends

Options
New to mfp, but now hooked. I started a little over a month ago just to track my eating, but found reading success stories, nutrition and different threads has really been eye opening. I recently logged for 30 days in a row and it never occurred to me what a big deal it was. I found a great deal of self accomplishment. I now want to hit 90 days in a row. Looking for folks that really understand nutrition since this seems to be my biggest need. Also people who know how to make this site work for them. I m a vegitarian so some other veggies would be nice but not nessisary. I feel a support group would be very helpful. I'm not sure that I'm a great great cheerleader, but plan on making a commit to supporting others who support me. Some of my strong suits are; stubbornness (not likely to give up,) my home eats rather healthy when time permits, I'm a great cook, honest record keeping( but do have some questions here,) and committed to my new life change. My bad habits are; milk, late eating, my frying pan, and bad sleeping habits that's effect energy levels, and some lack in knowledge. So let me me know

Replies

• VictorBly
    Options
    It would help to know what type of exercise you're doing or wanting to do? And at home, outdoors, the gym?

I'm a flexitarian and I like to do home workouts with minimal equipment consisting mostly of bodyweight/calisthenics. I don't follow any particular nutrition program, but I make sure to only buy vegan groceries by going to expensive grocery stores like Whole Foods. I also bought a book called "365 Vegan Smoothies" which I use to make smoothies for workout energy or for dinner when I only have a few hundred calories left before I reach my daily limit.

Just with those simple habits I've lost 13 lbs this month alone.
  • Bsking78
    Bsking78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do workout at the gym and outdoors. Cardio 4-5 times a week roughly average 40 mins and weights 3 times a week for about and hour. Outdoors I play golf 2 times a week and coach baseball most of the year. I don't cout these a workouts but I do walk course and run around a lot at practices. Also not so sure on how to log strength training so I just click a exercise tha t is related to the muscle group I'm workin.
  • mkey98901
    mkey98901 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am also vegetarian and am just signed up since I have to be accountable for what I eat. I am a CPA so it is the beginning of my very busy time at work. I also struggle to sleep (like not going to bed before midnight and then getting up at 6 am to start the day). I am looking for motivation and to be accountable. I am 39 with three kids and a busy job. Between kids and work and hubby I find that I do not take the time for me. I would love to do this journey with people. I have 75 pounds to loose.