Weight loss with treadmill and eating right?

Options
2»

Replies

• pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Although I am sticking to 1200 cal per day (per mfp), I still don't understand when people tell me to eat half the calories lost. I have a heart rate monitor/watch and every night I write down my days numbers. On average I am walking 10,000-11,000 steps, and losing between 1,800 and 2,500 cal a day. What should I be eating back and why? I don't want to lose 20 lbs, I want to lose at least 60 in the long run so I have a lot of fat on me. I've read on here people with a lot to lose don't "eat back calories" and people closer to their goal weight do?
    People tell you to eat back half the calories because it's easy to over-estimate exercise, particularly as a beginner. It's a way to prevent you from posting on here in a month asking why you have a plateu, and then like 6 people will tell you to eat more without even looking at your food/exercise diary.

For example, you're saying that you burned 1800 calories throughout the whole day by walking around. Well, that's already factored into the baseline (which you set too low, btw). Your 'exercise calories' are above and beyond what your normal daily activity is, which is your treadmill and weight workouts.

If you have a job where you walk around a lot, set MFP to lightly active and then log your treadmill workouts on top of that. But if those 10k steps include your treadmill workouts, keep it at sedentary and log your treadmill work.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Lost 6lbs this month after running 83miles. About 2-3 runs a week, 5-13miles each.
  • 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have the diet down to a T. Any takers on losing weight by diet and treadmill workouts?? I sure would love to hear some success stories..
    even if small ones :)
    and thats exactly how i lost 25 lbs, diet + elliptical some days, diet + treadmill other days, diet + walking sometimes :)
  • Juicy2730
    Juicy2730 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok so it's been 3 this week make four and I only lost 3 pounds I want to lose 2 a week need help I dance for 30 min and walk 30 min on treadmill should I do more I'm eating 1500 calories a day some time less
  • cb4amt
    cb4amt Posts: 1
    Options
    It is amazing the amount of weight you have lost well done. I have been on 1200 calories a day and wondered if anyone has any advice on excersize I dont feel I am losing anything. :/