Mug brownie under 150 cal! secret ingredient..

Options
I have a serious addiction for chocolate and have been weaning myself off of my favorite lazy snack, microwave brownie in a mug. Today I really had to try something of an equivalent and experimented with some specific ingredients. My result was way too good not to share! My calorie-saving ingredient was sugar twin, the kind I use in my coffee. So here's my healthy-er version of a mug brownie/chocolate cake:

1 tablespoon of light margarine ie. Becel light (you could use regular or experiment with a replacement like applesauce)
1 tablespoon of water
splash of vanilla
2 packs (2 tsp) of sugar twin or equivalent sugar replacement
1 heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of flour

Mix all the ingredients in a mug in the order listed. If you want, you could add more water if the dough is too thick. Microwave for 60-90 seconds, it's not a big deal if it's undercooked - just more gooey! The brownie is not large, but it is rich and satisfied my sweet tooth no problem. I also sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top, which still kept the snack under 200 calories. I do realize that artificial sweeteners are something to restrict your consumption on, but my motto is everything in moderation!

Hope it goes as well for everyone as it went for me :)

Replies