Thanksgiving is not an excuse! :0)

Options
I just want everyone who is worrying about Thanksgiving to know that you will be fine! I know it's not an easy diet day, but just remember how you feel after BINGING on everything you see!

Of course, I'm not saying don't have a piece of pie, but don't eat until you feel like you're going to explode! So many of us have done this in the past, but it's just not worth it now!!

Look at how far we have come.

Have fun with family and friends, and yes...ENJOY the holiday food! Even if you go over calories, (many of us will), try to at least control HOW over you go. Don't blow it!!

( I know many people are all going to say that one cheat day won't ruin us. I totally agree, but I'm just trying to help ease the minds of so many I've seen who are already anxious and almost dreading the meal! I say, eat, UNTIL YOU ARE FULL...NOT UNTIL YOU ARE STUFFED! like a turkey!! haha)

Hugs and love to you all!

Tausha

Replies

• sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I agree. My goal is to not eat til I feel stuffed....just satisfied. Hope everyone has a great Turkey Day!
  • dansu2000
    Options
    Me too, thanks for the reminder:)
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I agree as well and have not been looking forward to all to being surrounded by food but I think I can exercise some will power this year =] Thanks for the optimisitc post.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks :)... My goal is to try a bit of everything even the pie, but not over indulge and watch my portions but I will be logging my calories on thanksgiving.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Same here. Eat till I'm comfortable and no more. And yes....I will have a piece of pumpkin pie thank you very much! :bigsmile: Just no ice cream and whipped cream on top.:laugh:

I was starting to hyperventilate about the whole thing but then common sense kicked in. I don't need all the trimmings, just the basics.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
  • irtata43
    irtata43 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My plans as well are to enjoy the food but to watch my portions. God Bless and everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    So true, Posh :flowerforyou: I usually will wear a really cute outfit, and this year with all the hard work I've done, It is a really cute outfit to show off my new figure :wink: , so with that said, I will not be able to "stuff" myself since I know my outfit will not look as cute if all sorts of bloated stomach is hanging out of it :tongue:

For all those that need a little reminder NOT to over-eat: wear a cute outfit that fits well (tailored but not skin tight): if you start to eat a little too much, it will start to feel snug & that is your warning to stop and not over-indulge. I know it sounds a little crazy, but I know I can eat a normal portion, enjoy a little extra indulgence & I'm good. And I feel really good since I don't feel like my stomach is going to explode if I bend down or lean over too much :tongue:

Happy ThanxGiving to all :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: here's to eating well & not becoming as stuffed as the Turkey :tongue: :laugh:
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    i agree!! and i will definately have pumpkin pie, but i'm making it myself and it will be a little bit healthier:wink: