Ankle injury (p90x question)

Options
Ok I was almost to completion with insanity, and somehow hurt my ankle a week ago (have no idea what happened). Anyway, I've taken a week off and it still hurts like hell to even walk. So I'm wondering, for those that have done P90X, would those workouts be okay with my injury? I know there are chest and back days, abs, arms. Would these workouts be okay with my ankle? I really want to get back to insanity asap but am thinking I have at least another week of rest from all the jumping and high intensity moves, so was wondering if I could supplement with some P90X instead. Thanks

Replies

• dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'd just wait until you were healed completely. If you run the risk of working out injured, then you can further the damage and be out even longer. Just eat clean and give your body time to recover, it's never a bad thing to take a week off every few months anyways.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i think so you can modify almost every exercise just as tony says on the vid " do your best and forget the rest" i modify alot myself
  • dvcdenise
    dvcdenise Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain ..No I feel your pain. 3 weeks ago I did some hill work. I should know better. Last time I ran hills in a race I was out for 56 weeks. So I ran a hill twice not too bad,,,but 4 days later my ankle was killing me. 3 weeks and two days ago was my last real run and I am ready to get back to running. I dont think there is any way to speed the healing except ice and a great ankle brace I got a week ago. Today I did a 1 mile on the treadmill but it feels better now than it has for 3 weeks. So good luck with your ankle.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    It's really best to rest so you can come back strong. You don't want to make it worst and be out longer. Eat clean and start reviewing other workout dvd's to do when your better. Go on utube and look at different workouts .Write them down.