Spartan Races?!?!

Options
Hey everyone!! I just wanted to know if anyone else does the Spartan Races. They are a series of obstacles course races (OCR) and they are AMAZING.

WAIT--before you X out of this post because you think you cannot do it let me tell you that you CAN! Chris Davis went from over 600lbs to in the 200s to do these races and completed some of his races while still working on losing weight. He even completed the BEAST with myself and so many other people this past Sept in VT-- 14 grueling miles, 25+ obstacles, and a HUGE ski mountain that we went up and down so many times. TOUGHEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE--but totally worth it.

That being said the races are split up into 3 types:

3+miles is a Sprint
7+ miles is a Super
13+ miles is the Beast
and they have harder ones after that if you are interested.
If you complete all three you get a sweet medal and are part of the TRIFECTA tribe of that calendar year!!

It is a huge community of amazing people. There are so many discount codes floating around to get cheaper sign up prices, but they give discounts for STUDENTS and MILITARY folks!! Also, if you volunteer at a race--any race--you can run that race (or a different race of your choice!) for FREE

BUT my roommate did the Spartan Sprint with me this past August in MA and we LOVED it. I am athletic, but I was still 50lbs overweight at the time! SHE DID IT and she is about 80lbs overweight. I did the BEAST being 40lbs overweight. Everyone is really only racing themselves with these races. Of course there are super athletes who win the races and stuff but they are all super nice. One guy, Eric, who placed in the top 3 for that Sprint in MA in Aug held a huge training/workout session at his house before the beast for like 20 of us in the area...it was so fun!!!

Also DO NOT think AGE is a factor!! My friend Sandy is probably in her 50s or so and did the BEAST too!! She went at her own pace but she did it!!

I would love to get more people into these races because they are amazing!!! They happen all over the US, Canada, UK and Mexico.

Replies

• FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    well ive been looking at the site :) im interested. starting off small tho. but im deffintly interested. :)
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started out the year with goal to run a 5K. Last month a friend talked me into an OSR and I loved it! I would go so far to say Im addicted. At 39 I felt like a kid again. anyone on the fence should try it. And yes, I am registered for a Spartin event in the spring of 2013.
  • katieeee2689
    katieeee2689 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    im going this year. gonna try the trifecta