Home Scales vs Doctor's Office

Options
This topic is probably SOMEWHERE, but I couldn't find it within the first couple pages, and I need advice.

Question about scales.... So I was weighed at the doctors office the other day and I recently got an electronic scale at home...there's about a 5lb difference between...should I change my weight on myfitness according to what my new weigh scale at home says, or should I change it to what it said at the doctors office said (which I have it set to as of now)? I'm really confused because now I'm not exactly sure what my starting weight really was as it was on our old rotary home scale. So CONFUSED.

Replies

• CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Choose one and stick to it and you will be fine. Typically most people get weighed with clothes on at the doctors so that could account for the difference.

I personally go by my home scale because I have the most access to it. I only weigh myself at the doctors a few times a year where as I can weigh myself at home when ever I want. Good luck!
  • helpmeet2day
    helpmeet2day Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Whichever one is lowest is the most accurate!:bigsmile:
    Seriously, I stick to my home scale because on that one I can weigh in undressed and before eating or drinking water in the morning.
    Not always possible at the Dr.'s office.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I am always higher at the doctor's office as I refuse to weigh naked and I have typically eaten and had much to drink. I go by my home scale.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pick a scale and use that. Weigh yourself on the same day and same time every week.

Be warned scales can lie to you. Take body measurements and photos see progress as well.

Sometimes the scale will go up and sometimes it will go down and sometimes it wont move at all.

Remember body weight will fluctuate and sometimes you will get a temporary gain. Be patient
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    My doctors get offended if I try to get naked and pee before they weigh me, so I use my home scale
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!!!! Good one. It made my evening
    My doctors get offended if I try to get naked and pee before they weigh me, so I use my home scale
  • oldestteenagerever
    Options
    Thanks all for the truthful advice, the comments made me laugh!!! I didn't even consider all my clothes and the fact it was the middle of the day when I was at the doctors (I had asked the nurse who weighed me which I should go by, and he wasn't very nice and said his scale was obviously more accurate)!! I figured I should go with my new scale... I just think my weight loss update will be a "lie". but it can hopefully just decrease from there!!
  • oldestteenagerever
    Options
    Thank you for this!!! You're so right!!
  • oldestteenagerever
    Options
    Pick a scale and use that. Weigh yourself on the same day and same time every week.

Be warned scales can lie to you. Take body measurements and photos see progress as well.

Sometimes the scale will go up and sometimes it will go down and sometimes it wont move at all.

Remember body weight will fluctuate and sometimes you will get a temporary gain. Be patient

Oops I mean to quote you in my last comment!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Home scale. Since you have easy access to it, it's the best way to keep the variables constant. (what time you weigh, what day, clothes or no clothes, etc....)

And I don't know about your doctor, but at my gyno's office they always round up or down to the 5's.