Varies on activity:

MTB Bike Race at 175 BPM/Hr = 1200 calories
    Spin Class at 144 BPM/Hr = 750 calories
    Versa Climber at 156 BPM/Hr = 812 calories
    Road Ride/Cycling at 146 BPM/Hr = 750 calories
  • GeordieRover
    GeordieRover Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The heavier you are according to the experts, the more you lose in calories per hour of exercise, compared to a lighter person working at the same rate.

For one hour of stationary bike exercise averaging about 24/ km per hour , the bike says I burn approx 600 to 660 calories, this site says it should be approx 730 calories for my weight approx 103kg.

I enter the lower bike estimate into my diary.

If a person only weighed approx 80kg, there calorie burn per hour would be appreciably lower they say.

Some days i go actual bike riding outdoors, and the bike app on my iohone roughly corresponds to my bike estimates.

So I would say your calories burned sound accurate, considering you weight,.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I believe I burn about 400-500 calories in an hour when I run, and about 200 in the same time lifting. I'm about 5'8", 175 lbs.

Disclaimer-- I don't use a heartrate monitor. My numbers are just guesstimates based on my weight/calorie intake over time.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Todays run burned 555 calories (not counting the 125 I burn just by living). Avg heart rate 159, highest 179.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many calories do you burn for working out moderate to high intensity for one hour. I recently purchased a Heart Rate Monitor the polar FT4 and wore it today for the first time. I just worked out for one hour and it said that I burned 826 with an average heart rate of 157 bpm and in the range 125 to 165 bpm for 35 mins. Is it possible to burn 826 calories? Everything that I'm reading says that you can burn about 400 to 500 but not 800. I tore my ACL and just had surgery so I was out for 3 weeks and this was my first time in the gym since surgery. A little out of shape so I'm sure my heart was beating faster but not that much. Does this sound right or is it broke?

This means the HRM isn't tuned to the correct VO2max. I would expect more like 600-650.
    If you're producing the same amount of work, but your heart is beating faster, you aren't actually burning a bunch more calories like the HRM would lead you to believe. It just means it's not tuned correctly. Your VO2max decreased when you werren't able to train.